Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Anybody done a ouija board???
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

it kept 'telling' us things that only I could possibly know

Just like Old Gypsy Lee does when reading your palm or doing your tarot. Or when you read a horoscope. It is simply your mind filling in gaps to make a story. Post-rationalisation of the 'facts' given.

How on earth can any reasonably-minded person believe that something occult happens when using a board? Just what force could possibly spell out names/facts by using your body as a vessel to communicate with the living world?

IMO it is madness to consider it could be anything other than utter rubbish.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

That's brilliant mastiles! Now can you tap out how many spirits are in the room with us, or throw something? Tell them to step back Sam.

SiB
    Free Member

MF – I hear what you're saying, I used to think along those lines that how can it be anything else other than rubbish and people grasping at the slightest hint given by the 'board'. I didnt want it to work, I was urging it not to work but it spelt out very definite facts that only I knew. Have you tried it yourself?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I have never tried it but I would love to give it a whirl. I would be incredibly surprised at myself if I came out of it thinking any differently than I do now.

RustySpanner

Tried it a few times at college.

It's like acid – if there's nothing trapped in a dark little corner of your mind, just waiting for the opportunity to pop out and scare you, you'll be fine.
    On the other hand, if your brain is full of repressed memories, nastiness and evil thoughts, your cerebral cortex will turn against you 😀

How do you know if you have the right kind of mind to handle it? You don't until you try.
    Good innit?

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Agreed, it does have a high 'whooo factor'.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Considering that there is a $1,000,000 prize for anyone who can prove that their is a genuine psychic phenomenon under experimental conditions why has not one passed yet?

details here

Attempts include Ouija boards clearly, eyeball energy, Magnetic Hands, Pendulum Chiro -Dowser (No I dont know WTF it is either) and my personal favourite Paranormal Urination where Rosemary Hunter – no relation thankfully) claims to be able to make people wee with just the power of her mind….she claims this is a gift from God who is , in this case, clearly working in a very mysterious way

lady makes you wee with the power of her mind

I dont want to spoil it for anyone so I wont say whether she was succesful or not

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I just peed myself laughing at her claim that she can make me pee.

So she can do it!

Burn the witch!!!

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I'm nearly weeing just reading about it – where do I sign up?
    I have the gift of getting the horn with the power of my mind, assisted only by a few old copies of Razzle, and am willing to pass on this mysterious gift to those prepared to cross my (hairy) palm with five of the queens english pounds.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Look at the second one on the list. TFT and Mojo should enter!

http://forums.randi.org/forumdisplay.php?f=43

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Anybody done a ouija board???’ is closed to new replies.