Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Any waterproof breathable shorts out there?
  • Deveron53
    Free Member

Prefer hardwearing goretex type, looking for bargains. Must be able to withstand heavy use.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I use gore waterproof shorts for commuting. I used them at least 3 days a week in winter, so 120 miles, and they last well, on my 2nd pair in 4 years.

Not really noticed an issue with breathability as they have two big holes at the bottom which lets air circulate 🙂

Edit: don’t think you’ll find them a bargain anywhere though, especially not at this time of year.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Triple Aught Design amphibious cargo shorts. Pricey but bombproof*

*Not actually.

Northwind

Altura Attacks for me, 3 pairs in pretty constant use- they just go in the wash like normal, all still waterproof, one is pretty much on its last legs but it’s lasted a decent time, coming up for its 3rd or 4th horrible scottish winter after all.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Cut down army goretex overtrousers – brilliant.

MarkLG
    Free Member

The Alturas are decent enough. Made out of a 3 layer GoreTex type material. Not really a lot of point paying for the extra breathability of genuine GoreTex when you’ve got 2 big holes to let the steam out.

scaredypants

I suspect “breathable” is optimistic, once soaked and splattered with mud

(cut down ebay army surplus bibbed ones for me)

Deveron53
    Free Member

Thanks chaps.
    I was thinking about the army trousers cut down. The Altura ones sound good as well. The only thing that worries me about the army ones is slipperiness on a wet saddle.
    I’m ‘inventing’ again. Most of my questions are related to ‘inventions’ currently whizzing around in my brain.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Had some cut-down army trousers for a while. Problem is they’re not a cyclist cut, so the waist band isn’t very high up your back. If you can live with that, they’re a bargain.

Personally, I find my Endura Superlites are superb.

Deveron53
    Free Member

Just gone for a pair of Endura Supalites, if they’re good I’ll get some more.

cheers chaps

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Any waterproof breathable shorts out there?’ is closed to new replies.