Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Any Update on Winter Shoes for Flats?
  • Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Just thought I would see if anyone had found a decent solution as yet?

I was wondering if these may work – sticky sole and not too heavy a tread pattern.

Innov8

Anything else worth looking at? I got very, very cold wet feet in my Teva’s last weekend (though they do dry out well!). Or am I looking at Sealskins (which were terrible things last time I used them – many years ago!)

andeh

My Shimano am45s do a pretty good job of keeping the crap out, so I imagine the flat pedal version (am41) will be just as good.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

It is the ice cold water I want keeping out 😉

ampthill

I just wear walking boots……

_tom_
    Free Member

Normal flat shoes + thick socks…

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I tried walking boots – but they weren’t ideal. Saying that they were my rather worn out North Face ones I use for work!

Just trying to find something that will do, and keep my toes from going blue when they get sodden! The thick socks don’t really help as they just let the cold water in, then you are knackered!

I may have to investigate other walking boot options – perhaps my old orange Solomon jobs would be better than my knackered North Faces 😉

themightymowgli
    Free Member

SealSkinz thermal socks and an old pair of Merrells

andeh

The lace cover on the Shimanos does keep them dry, they’re pretty much waterproof. Doesn’t stop water from dripping down your leg though.

ampthill

The no cost option is walking boots resoled with a a more appropiate rubber. But I admit its probably an aquired taste…

yoshimi

I had the same problem with my Tevas, ended up with some merrel goeetex boots, sealskins and tights over the sealskins to stop water running into them, seems to work…..so far

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Any Update on Winter Shoes for Flats?’ is closed to new replies.