Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Any tracks around padstow way.
  • The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

Hi i am of down to harlyn bay near padstow till new year & i am just wondering if there are any places to ride down that way?

jam-bo

coast path. bit cheeky though and probably packed with walkers this time of year walking off the turkey.

chopperT
    Free Member

Wow, I had a summer holiday thereabouts, 2007?, at Porthcothan, just south of Harlyn. From there I took a ride up the Camel Trail, which begins at Padstow, and follows the Camel River, and I guess old railway/tram line. Very easy gradient, very fast, groomed double track, busy at the estuary end with mum and dad, but much quieter/more senic later on.
    Followed that trail through Wadebridge, Bodmin, Hellandbridge, up to Keybridge where the trail ends, then lanes up onto Bodmin Moor and some crazy trails, but by then I was a bit far in to the ride to go and explore.
    I realised I was almost 50km away from "home" and decided to turn back, ended up with 96km for the day. Proper summer epic.

snowslave

The camel trail is a great big fat trail suitable for families, ex train track. We went there a few times on family hols, I recall there being v few bridleways, so as said above, any proper off road riding is presumably going to be cheeky stuff needing local knowledge?

silverpigeon
    Free Member

Its been a while but these used to be pretty good.

clay trails

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

Cool cheers will take a look.

Maccachod
    Free Member

Coast Path is your best bet.
    Go to the west end of Perranporth at Droskyn Point and ride to st Agnes and then on to Chapel Porth ,have a tea at the cafe and turn around and return.I never get any problem with walkers as long as you are courteous.
    The path is narrow in parts and not good if you do not like heights .
    Views are fantastic , trail is fast and rocky.
    You could also try Dunmere Woods at Bodmin
    Hope you enjoy Macca

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Any tracks around padstow way.’ is closed to new replies.