Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Any STW Graphics experts about? – Massive jpeg files (30 – 50meg) which program?
  • winston_dog
    Free Member

I have some jpeg images of scanned plans which are absolutely huge.
    They are between 30 – 50 meg.
    I would like to crop them and split them into smaller sized image files but I am struggling to find a program which can cope.
    Office picture manager will open them and allow me to zoom and rotate but it will not allow me to crop and save the file.
    PS Elements and Paint.net won’t open them at all.
    So far all I have managed is to screen dump sections and paste into new images. This is okay but it is not perfect.
    Does anyone have any ideas?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

photoshop would do that without breaking a sweat. But i guess you’ve no access to that. Maybe download the trial version, I think it’s good for 30 days

binners

What muppetWrangler said. Get yourself a trial download here. 50 meg is neither here nor there for Photoshop

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopfamily.html?promoid=IUGXD

MountainKing
    Free Member

Another vote for Photoshop, regularly work with 30 meg files no problem. If you are anywhere near Milton Keynes happy to help.

winston_dog
    Free Member

Thanks for all the quick help.
    I will give Photoshop ago.

peachos
    Free Member

office picture manager should allow you to crop em down and resize. i use it quite a bit for quick stuff like that.

rewski
    Free Member

You could try and take them into a photo application like iphoto and them save them down to email size.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Any STW Graphics experts about? – Massive jpeg files (30 – 50meg) which program?’ is closed to new replies.