• This topic has 10 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by nre.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Any SRAM Force 1x groupset users?
  • curiousyellow
    Free Member

So, anyone use this? Any comparisons with Shimano Ultegra? And do you know if the cassette is interchangeable with Shimano 11 speed cassettes please?

mboy
    Free Member

Yes, love it.

Way prefer SRAM to Shimano on the road bike anyway, but the brakes have more modulation and power than Shimano’s and you can’t run Shimano 1x properly as you haven’t got a clutched mech offering.

Cassettes are fully interchangeable yes.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Great stuff. Thanks very much mboy!

hopster
    Free Member

Running Rival1. Loving 1x on my gravel bike.

parkesie
    Free Member

Rival 1x here and once I got my head around not having the 2 up front it’s nice to use. Belive you can use a shimano cassette just so long as the hub isn’t an xd job.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

More concerned about how the doubletap works compared to normal shifting. I had a go on a CX1 bike at the weekend. It was nice, but it did miss a shift a couple of times. Trying to figure out if it was user error, or something CX1 suffered from.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

More concerned about how the doubletap works compared to normal shifting

My bargain CX bike came with Sram Rival and it’ll be the only bike I ever have with double tap. Have struck “dream” bikes off the wishlist as they come with Sram Red.

but the brakes have more modulation and power than Shimano’s

My CX has hydros so I have no experience of their rim brakes, but every review and comparison I’ve ever read says the current generation of Shimano dual pivot calipers are noticeably better than Sram.

Compatibility-wise all the major road 11spd groupsets are cross-compatible (Sram, Shimano, Campag).

parkesie
    Free Member

Have double tap on my roadand cx bikes. Only misses a shift when im limp wristed. Very rare to do it once your used to it. I liked it on the road bike so went for the cx version aswell.

mboy
    Free Member

More concerned about how the doubletap works compared to normal shifting.

It’s fantastic! Once you’ve adapted to it, which is literally a couple of rides, you won’t want to ride a bike with Shimano again.

My CX has hydros so I have no experience of their rim brakes, but every review and comparison I’ve ever read says the current generation of Shimano dual pivot calipers are noticeably better than Sram.

Was talking about the hydraulic discs… Shimano dual pivot rim brakes are indeed better than SRAM’s offerings, but SRAM’s disc brakes are definitely better!

orangeboy
    Free Member

My cx bike is 1×11 ultegra and despite no clutch it’s yet to drop the chain. Narrow wide front ring and shimano 11-40 cassette. Works just perfectly.

love the 1x and looking to change my proper road bike but will never use double tap on my bikes

nre
    Free Member

orangeboy – so you’re running an MTB casssette on a standard Ultegra mech? Standard B-screw? Or any other mods?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Any SRAM Force 1x groupset users?’ is closed to new replies.