Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Any Runners on here……. pins and needles in foot when im running??
  • renton
    Free Member

ok so im doing a return to running program after having bi lateral compartment release in 2003 (not been able to run properly since the op after having some very bad advice from various physios)

im currently doing 9 min run /1 min walk .

on the second bout of 9 mins running and more towards the end of it im getting pin and needles in the bottom of my left foot??

they are more towards the back of the arch/heel of my foot too??

i do plenty of strecthing beofre doing any sort of excercise so im not sure whats causing it??

anything i can do to prevent it please!!

cheers

steve

MTT
    Free Member

I used to suffer something similar but it turned into numb feet after 30 mins or so. Obviously stretching helped, but a set of custom orthotics realigned my Achilles and solved some over-pronation, i dont have half the trouble i used to. Perhaps its worth a trip to a podiatrist?!

alwyn
    Free Member

Sounds silly but are your laces to tight?

surfer
    Free Member

As Alwyn says, also try leaving gaps in your lacing by missing some of the eyelets. It may be pressure over your instep or lacing too tight around the top of your foot. Experiment.

renton
    Free Member

cheers for the replies!!

i try and make sure my laces arent to tight and that my foot can move around a bit in the shoe

also have so special insoles too!!

alwyn
    Free Member

I run with orthotics, it shouldn't make a difference apart from the blisters. It does sound like laces to me.

brack
    Free Member

Hi there,

A tad confused mate….so you had exertional compartment syndrome….had the fasciotomy and now have similar symptoms or different?

renton
    Free Member

Hi brack

yes mate i had bilateral anterior compartment relase .

pain has gone from there but is now further down my leg and when running it feels like my bone is going to snap it gets that sore.

also pain in calf muscles , physio has told me i have very tight calfs and extremely bad balance mechanism which is makeing all the muscles in the lower legs contract all the time as if they dont know what to do??

cheers

steve

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any Runners on here……. pins and needles in foot when im running??’ is closed to new replies.