Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Any RSP Plummet users?
  • robware
    Free Member

If so; how are you finding it?

I’ve got myself a 27.2 X-Fusion HILO and it’s giving me some grief. I’m looking to return it, but I want an alternative first and the 27.2 market is very small and largely too expensive (>£200).

acsevens

Mine arrived yesterday and I’ve just got back from a brief spin round the woods to test it out. Obviously early days but it appears pretty well made, works fine, the remote is basic but pretty smooth. There is a little bit of play in it but its not really noticeable when riding. For £70 odd it was worth a punt and it does seem to be better quality than I was expecting.

nemesis
    Free Member

(OT but what problems are you having with the HILO?)

murf
    Free Member

I’ve got 2 and have been using them since March, not serviced or cleaned either and both still work as they did when new.
    Scottish Highlands, mud/grit/rain!

Suggsey
    Free Member

Damn, I asked the same question a couple of weeks ago and zero replies so ended up buying a gravity dropper turbo in 400mm 27.2 guise for my Cove. Just fitted it this morning….don’t know if OP has any CRC codes he can stack but ordered mine with the September 15% code so made it £209.

smurfly13
    Free Member

I have the Satori Sorata Pro, same post and faultless for the last 8 ish months. Been abused and never let me down!

robware
    Free Member

Great feeback guys, thanks.

nemesis – Member

(OT but what problems are you having with the HILO?A couple of things. It’s not very old, 2 months, so these things shouldn’t be appearing.

The major thing is: when fully raised raised, from fully lowered, there will be about 5mm of drop when sat on. This can be resolved by holding position, pulling lever, standing up, pulling lever, at which point it’s largely ok.

Other minor things: a ballache to set the pressure (must pull lever and pump simultaneously), doesn’t rise very fast, doesn’t raise fully if met with tiny amount of resistance (different from above, where it’s fully raised until sat on), stiff cable already (small but annoying as I lubed it), and probably something else I’m forgetting.

So for near £200 I’m not impressed…

dogmatix

acsevens can I ask where you got one for £70, an RSP that is…

acsevens

Tredz are doing them for £76 and you can get a £5 discount by signing up to their newsletter. That was the best deal I could find after a fair amount of searching,

Edit – just checked, tredz now up to £83, sorry!

doom_mountain

Just ordered one, worth a punt at the price.
    Cheaper than a new frame with a reverb compatible seat tube 😀

dogmatix

cool I’ll look at Tredz…

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Mine still going strong…. Some pics and more information in a thread here:
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/rsp-dropper-anyone-got-one

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Any RSP Plummet users?’ is closed to new replies.