• This topic has 25 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Del.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Any rides around Dartmoor/Haldon this weekend?
  • philstone

Am over for the Easter weekend in Paignton.

Have got some time spare if theres any rides going on that you don’t mind a tag-a-long?

Cheers

Phil

peanut
    Free Member

Just seen your post, sorry too late. Was up Haldon today, but it was mahem! Too many people around for my liking. Hope you get a good ride out somewhere.

crispybacon
    Free Member

Yep, I’m doing a Princetown/Burrator/Princetown ride on Monday.

If you’re interested email me (addy in profile) for details.

carlphillips
    Free Member

Les have you seen the weather forecast for Monday..!?

Del

what did you do to deserve paintown? ( i’m allowed to say this, i grew up there ).
    what are you after ride-wise?
    can do either the moor or haldon or both. no plans this w/e as yet.

crispybacon
    Free Member

Carl – unfortunately the day was chosen sometime ago for this ride so I’ll have to go with the weather on the day ….. wanders off to garage to screw cleats onto wellies 😕

I take it you’re not out on Monday?

gaznewns
    Free Member

A charity ride from burrator tomorrow 26 miles come and support 8am start.

carlphillips
    Free Member

ha I’m supposed to be doing 20 odd miles around hound tor BUT done it twice last week and I think the weather may put me off!! surf looks promising though!

taking kids around the blue trail at haldon tomorrow so if anyone is there look out for two over biked gents and 3 rad boys(4-6yrs old!) shredding the gnar on their first attempt at a ‘proper’ trail…

Bucko

The weather does look awful on Monday, good job I’m working all weekend. I’ll be out as much as possible next week though if anyone has a day off

ontor
    Free Member

riding haldon yesterday, today, and monday.

philstone

In-laws live in Paignton…

Did Haldon yesterday but definitely interested in some unofficial Haldon routes…

Shame forecast is so bad for Monday, princetown – burrator is tempting. Will watch the forecast, hopefully it might improve. Crispy, what time is the princetown burrator ride?

Cheers!

crispybacon
    Free Member

Hi Phil – as its gonna be ark building wet weather on Monday we’ve decided to cancel, stay in doors & not venture out on the moor.

Give me a shout the next time you’re down if you wonna do a Princetown ride 🙂

saladdodger
    Free Member

soft lad les 😉

igmc

philstone

Crispy – no worries. Will let you know next time I’m down.

Up for any unofficial trips round Haldon tomorrow if anyone’s doing any.

crispybacon
    Free Member

Cheers Phil have fun @ Haldon 🙂

Thanks Andy – I am indeed a size 28 ladies shirt 😕

bitemebryn
    Free Member

Phil I’m in Paignton, I can take you around my local loop down towards Kingswear tomorrow morning if you fancy it. Probaly go for a 0900 start from the chippy at Broadsands, about 90 mins worth….over to you.

Del

i’ll do haldon off-piste stuff for any takers. 10:30 start at the gissons pub, kennford.
    please post back and let me know if you’re on.
    D.

philstone

Hi, 9s a bit too early, on the beers right now. But cheers!

Del, could you make it 11? If so I’ll be there.

Cheers

Del

phil,
    if you want to make it 11 at the hub that’s fine.
    it’ll mean you either dip out on 2 descents ( bad ) or climb back out at the end ( less bad, but still bad for different reasons.. ). assume that works. i’m riding an orange p7 in white, with white forks.
    8)

philstone

Ok. I’ll try and make 10.30 at glissando 🙂 I’ll be on a carbon 456 with pace rc40’s.

Del

very good. if it’s any consolation i’m sat here supping vino right now, and have to get up early to take the hound out first…
    😀

carlphillips
    Free Member

v jealous, I took my son around the blue yesterday for the 1st time (he’s 6) we flew around and it was actually good fun (plus lots of proud dad points!)

I did manage to get a sneaky trail in whilst eating with the family at the go ape play park which made the day even betterer……the trails are runnning soooooo fast at the moment…..until tomorrow when its biblical…enjoy it ….
    im doing D.I.Y later on, boo!

ontor
    Free Member

I’ll be doing a spin round the cheeky stuff tomorrow morning…

carlphillips
    Free Member

ooh bring your wellies! a few of us were planning on a night jaunt around there tomorrow night…weather permitting!

philstone

Del – massive thanks for the guided tour yesterday – really put me to shame on those single speeds though 🙂

Will give you a shout next time I’m over.

Cheers

Phil

Del

Phil, great to meet you, and a very nice ride out too.
    glad to hear you enjoyed it too.
    look forward to riding with you again.
    8)

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Any rides around Dartmoor/Haldon this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.