Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Any recruiters in the parish tonight?
  • camo16
    Free Member

If so…

…what are you actually looking for from the personal statement/supporting information piece?

I’m struggling with yet another job app. 🙁 The CV bit and the examples of work are fine, but I’m starting to get psyched out by the statement itself… and it’s for a job I’m really well qualified for.

Should I just list my skills or give supporting examples for each one? Should I be over-the-top motivated to get the job, or cool, calm and professional?

Help!!!!

And, does anyone really read these things?

john_drummer
    Free Member

Not a recruiter myself but just gone through the process…

My personal statement goes something like this:

I’m a Systems Analyst and Software Developer with over 25 years’ experience across various industry sectors, including Commercial Software Development, Manufacturing and Distribution, and Total Systems Integration.
    For fun I play drums in a rock band, ride mountain bikes, and attempt to fly radio controlled model helicopters

Etc

Hope this helps

camo16
    Free Member

Ahh… so, keep it simple and to the point then?

Think I might have failed in the past by writing War & Peace statement… I’m good at this [insert key skill here], I’m excellent at that [insert personal attribute here].

Might have overdone it by trying to cover all bases/stand out/suck up etc. 🙁

Thanks JD… I take it that method worked then?

These things are hell.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Any recruiters in the parish tonight?’ is closed to new replies.