Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Any Ramsbottom regulars in't 'hood?
  • binners

Just wondering. I seem to have found myself in the vicinity quite a bit of late, so i’ve been doing some exploring. The OS map and set off down there way. Trouble is, its been on my own at night.

Like with so many of life’s pleasures, ‘on my own at night’ probably isn’t the best way to do it.

Is there anyone in STWland that night rides around there? And wouldn’t mind me tagging along? Seems like there’s some belting stuff. I found the … ahem… ‘singletrack’ descent through the woods down to Stubbins the other night. That was a good giggle 😀

philconsequence
    Free Member

you said bottom!

lowey

Binners, cant make this week either… going to have a V smll ride and beers on thursday instead, but I’ll get over next week if your up for it.

Mr. Potatoehead from here is a Rammy lad, plus a group of lads ride from the Hare and Hounds at Holcombe every Thursday night. Big n Daft from here abouts will know more.

sefton
    Free Member

I’m not too far (chapeltown other side of the hill) mainly ride around the reservoirs at night (entwistle, jumbles etc)

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I live in Irwell Vale, which is just up the Sustrans route (as pictured in the latest STW. Twice!)

Would the naughty route be the Nat Trust area? I was reading the signage the other day, and it doesn’t mention bicycles as being in anyway unwlecome. Not like dogs and horses and people who take water.

lowey

Chapeltown eh ??? Must have bumped into you at some point Sefton.

PC230065 by lowey.com, on Flickr

sefton
    Free Member

hehe…got married and had my little girl christened at st Annes!

where you from mate?

MrSparkle

Get a room guys!
    PS Darwen Moor is MINE Lowey!

binners

Erm… I think you’ll find I own the rights to the rutted-gully-esque singletracky bits of Darwen Moor. And I will fight anyone to the death who disputes this

ScottChegg – when do you normally ride?

geetee1972
    Free Member

ScottChegg are you ‘Paul’s mate’ by any chance, ride an Orange 5 with a CCDB?

MrSparkle

Erm… I think you’ll find I own the rights to the rutted-gully-esque singletracky bits of Darwen Moor. And I will fight anyone to the death who disputes this

Ok. 😀

sefton
    Free Member

passed a few groups last night around entwistle…anyone off here?

where you lurking around last night mr sparkle?

binners

I was out on Monday night over Holcombe Moor on me tod (I’ve got no mates)

Anyone fancy a jaunt tomorrow evening?

bagpuss72
    Free Member

*Ahem*

ACTUALLY I own Ramsbottom, its MY manor until further notice Binners, and I shall fight anyone else to the death. I can be found riding round Nuttall Park swearing at dogs and children and once I get my training wheels off and my mum lets me out past half 8 I’m claiming Holcombe Hill as mine

So nerrrrrrrrr………. 😛

bagpuss72
    Free Member

binners – Member

I was out on Monday night over Holcombe Moor on me tod (I’ve got no mates)

Anyone fancy a jaunt tomorrow evening?

And I shall provide after ride refreshments :mrgreen:

binners

You can claim Holcombe Hill as yours, young lady, when you get up there without dabbing. 😛

And I shall provide after ride refreshments

That’s a very kind offer. This wouldn’t be conditional on fixing your back brake properly, would it?

bagpuss72
    Free Member

erm……… *flutter eyelashes* 😳

sefton
    Free Member

all sounds a little bit gay, meeting strangers on the moors at night – refreshments… 😯

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

hya , we ride around rammy most wednesday evenings if you fancy it , ussually set off from coach and horses in edenfield at half six, but I ride up from rammy if you want to join me

bagpuss72
    Free Member

Binners I can show you were that is, in fact you’ve been its opposite the rental place I looked at were there was a cracking view of the wind turbines but also of someones coach and rusty ice cream van

binners

Cheers Mr P. I Won’t be able to make tonight fella. But if its a weekly event I’ll be up for it next week

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

yes its a weekly event barring famine or flood , so maybe see you next week

mart

robgarrioch

Is there much regular weekend action happening? I’m going to be down a few times, other halfs folks stay just down past t’Major. Usually head up t’ Cragg / Lee by Edenfield, but fancy a look around local stuff as t’ last time I tried there weren’t much grip…

Which bit of Holcombe’s t’ dab-free legend section then?

bagpuss72
    Free Member

Oh cool pic thats near that big pit to the right hand side of the tower isn’t it, pretty brave going up when it was like that took me half my time to walk it just up ‘The Rake’ to the top road!!! 😯

MrSparkle

passed a few groups last night around entwistle…anyone off here?

where you lurking around last night mr sparkle?
    Not me. We were blundering round Darwen Moor in the mist. It ight have been the Darwen ‘Tuesday night lot’ as we call ’em.

Harry_the_Spider

Library/Rake/Tower.

No dabs.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

My 7 year old can get up the rake and tower without putting his foot down. Ride from the tower across the moor to the steep (Bull) hill. If you can get up that in one dollop you are doing very well. Continue across past the cross and pick up Moor road at the opposite end. Lovely.

I’m not Pauls mate; can’t stand the bloke. (Who?) I do have a 5, but no CCDB.

Stranger
    Free Member

ScottCheg – that’s a great little track. The steep bit is Harcles Hill.
    Bull Hill is the one after Pilgrim’s Cross.
    I’ve never ridden Harcles – don’t think I ever will! 😀
    The descent from Bull Hill past Ellen Strange’s grave is fun – especially on your own at night!

big_n_daft
    Free Member

GBUK ride out of the Hare and Hounds on a Thursday 19:30ish

all welcome, pace depends on who turns up (we don’t leave people behind) but generally “social”, a subgroup ride Tuesdays at a “very social” pace

strangely enough no-one out last night, normally anything from 3-12 🙂

regular rides in most directions

beer money compulsory, as is wobbling home after midnight

Is there much regular weekend action happening?

usually sorted on Thursday, tends to be more “matched” riders in terms of pace/ distance/ set-off time

terrahawk
    Free Member

I’m normally passing through Irwell Vale, Holcombe Moor, etc a few nights a week.
    I never see anyone out.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I never see anyone out.

going too fast?

should have gone to specsavers? 😉

terrahawk
    Free Member

possibly, but I just think I ride too late. 7-12 isn’t conducive to meeting friends ;0)

binners

I’m liking the sound of that on Thursday big_n_daft

sefton
    Free Member

I always see you 😈

sefton
    Free Member

do you meet lower or upper Ramsbottom?

robgarrioch

Library/Rake/Tower.

No dabs.

I’ve never ridden Harcles

Anyone fancy an Easter weekend climbing challenge…?

big_n_daft
    Free Member
    ScottChegg
    Free Member

I got up Harcles Hill on Sunday. So ner.

crikey
    Free Member

Ramsbottom?

Do you all have special brake levers for those 6 fingered hands?

philfive
    Free Member

LOL

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Any Ramsbottom regulars in't 'hood?’ is closed to new replies.