Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)
  • Any psychopaths in our midsts?
  • brooess
    Free Member

You’ll know if you have a psychopath in your midst, their games and lack of consideration (whilst simultaneously appearing to be unaware of the damage they’re causing) are breathtaking.

They’re usually the person that everyone is really angry with (because they’ve been repeatedly screwed over), and no-one can understand why nothing’s been done about them… the reason being the people in authority are as screwed over by their manipulations as the rest of us/scared of the consequences if they do stand up to them.

It’s not actually a very amusing experience…

This is an eye-opening read…

Robert Hare

DezB
    Free Member

55%
    As with most things, bloody average.

shermer75
    Free Member

30% pfft

shermer75
    Free Member

Apparently I’m in with the Guardian reading bunny lovers 🙁

ourmaninthenorth

Later this week I’m going to send an hour on the phone with a psychologist to go through some recent psychometric test results.

I’ll get the assessment then….

EDIT: oh, and given the ratio of psychopaths to non-psychopaths is somewhere between 1:100 to 1:150, have a quick think about the number of people in your workplace, and figure out the rough average.

I reckon we’ve got 15-20 here. And I’m pretty sure my boss is one of them….

DrRSwank
    Free Member

83%

But then Mother answered for me

footflaps

Sorry, didn’t have time to do the quiz, been busy dissolving my colleagues in battery acid after they pushed in front of me in the canteen queue…………

miketually
    Free Member

I reckon we’ve got 15-20 here. And I’m pretty sure my boss is one of them….

Knowing your line of work, I’d expect them to be over represented 🙂

ourmaninthenorth

Knowing your line of work, I’d expect them to be over represented

Fair point 🙂

uselesshippy
    Free Member

I’m going to buy some flowers and fluffy kittens to compensate for my high score.
    And then eat them…. 😈

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

uselesshippy – Member

I’m going to buy some flowers and fluffy kittens to compensate for my high score.
    And then eat them….

Good name buddy!

I’m 27% apparently I need to make sure I don’t get taken advantage of…but that’s why I’m on PoF in the first place. 😆

moonsaballoon

I can highly recommend the psychopath test by Jon ronson , a really good read . If your worried about being a psychopath it means you are not one

IanMunro
    Free Member

Allegedly anyone who scores over 65% in that test is cheating on their partner.

ahwiles
    Free Member

48%

i wonder how the scores would be different if they’d included the questions:

‘could you kill someone if you knew you could get away with it?’

and

‘do you think you would you enjoy it?’

crankboy
    Free Member

I have a criminal client up for something really serious . Just for fun I and a collegue ran through the Hare’s checklist he scored 36 out of 40 the worry point is 20 and over . We then got a lad we work with to do a “proper” graded one with his own answers . I was getting worried as we did it as lots of his honest and reasoned answers seemed to be going in a certain direction . The print out was essentially ” you are not a psychopath but you may benefit from treatment you should seek help and take this print out with you”

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

70% explains a lot,and yes I did get away with it……

Same text as Edlong

bearnecessities

27% – Disappointed, I liked Patrick Bateman.

Harry_the_Spider

67%

I’d #### you over but feel bad about it afterwards.

Sorry

spawnofyorkshire

30% here

that puts 7% below the average guardian reader

i need to hug my bunny wabbit

tazzymtb

88% that’s not too bad surely? 😯

gonzy
    Free Member

61%…should i be worried!?….pfffft…nope!!!

andyl
    Free Member

Got all the way to the end, pressed next and nothing.

Mother f*?&^%$£%^$%^&^%$£%^$%$£%^$£%^%$£”$%^&%$££$%^%%$£$%^%$£%^$£”$%^%$£”$%$£%^$%^$£%^$£$%^$£$%^$£$%^$%$££%^$%%^$%%$%^%£%£$^&^$%£$^£$^%$%£^$%£$”£^%^£$%”££^£$%”£^$^£$”£%£^%£$£%£^^$£^£$%

breathe

%^$£%^£$£(%£$”£%£^%”£$%£^$”%£$”£*%£$£(%($£%£(“”(£(“”$£%£””””””£

and relax.

aracer
    Free Member

27% seems to be a very popular score. Not totally convinced about being a “people person” or having lots of empathy though.

matther01
    Free Member

I thought research has revealed psychos can mimic empathy but dont actually feel any.

Hanky

58% for me, still exhibiting too much empathy which is surprising given work this year!

chewkw
    Free Member

36% 😈

I am right. You are wrong.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

36% too.

😐

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

67%

Off to masturbate myself with a cheese grater for scoring so low.

aa
    Free Member

Also 27%.

i think someone of my colleagues may doubt my empathy skills though. Apparantly they’re not all lizard people…..

dabble
    Free Member

55%

I’ll eat your legs. Then drive you home.

RustySpanner

33% here.

I am a wet hen.

crazy-legs

36%
    So 3% less of a wet hen than Rusty ^^

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m worried that I’m scoring higher than the other bleeding heart liberals with whom I’d associate and am on a par with The Malverncestershire Sasquatch. 😐

RustySpanner

I thought about shopping in Ikea, tried it again and it went up to 39%. 😐

Still not the ‘Evil Genius’ I always aspired to be.

Tomorrow, I’m going to go to Tesco and deliberately drop a packet of crackers.
    I might even poke a finger through a custard doughnut.

Go me, destroyer of worlds.

khani
    Free Member

Tomorrow, I’m going to go to Tesco and deliberately drop a packet of crackers.
    I might even poke a finger through a custard doughnut.

Steady on.. 😯

Junkyard
    Free Member

24 %
    You are warm and empathic with a heightened awareness of social responsibility and a strong sense of conscience. You like to carefully weigh up the pros and cons of a situation before you act and are generally averse to taking risks. You are very much a ‘people person’ and dislike conflict.

Sums me up on STW perfectly I feel 😉

sparkingchains
    Free Member

If you like piranhas, read the financial times and listen to metal you are a psycho – wow Channel 4 have really surpassed themselves.

Almost as daft as passing Embarrassing Bodies off as educational as opposed to a freak show.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

52% and happy to kick asses when necessary (it seems)

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Are all these low % you quote for real?

I did the test quickly to see what sort of questions were asked. I planned to do it again to get a really high and then a really low score to show how rubbish the test was. I got 88% first go with honest answers and I am a nice guy.

I reckon I could fake the answers to drop another 20-30% but how do you get below 50% without really choosing your answers to do it?

kelvin

That kind of test is pointless, unless you’re told you’re doing it for some other reason.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Any psychopaths in our midsts?’ is closed to new replies.