Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Any one been blown off their bike?
  • bonesetter
    Free Member

No matter how fat, rigid, DH amounts of travel today, I suffered

BB failed, rear tyre lost air, and I came off (at the end) and bent my rear mech hanger

Storms be banished

njee20
    Free Member

Happened to me years ago at Ashton Court. Riding my cross bike up the main drag got caught by a sudden gust and went into a ditch!

bonesetter
    Free Member

My spin round over Clent earlier was pretty windy

Rear tyre lost pressure, BB went into crickle mode

And I came off, in such a stupid plcae

tang
    Free Member

Yup blown off on my cx today. Exposed plateau and riding a rut. Wind just blew me over!

lemonysam
    Free Member

Yup, a couple of times and – more scarily – blown off a cycle path out into a dual carriageway. fortunately there was a gap in traffic.

mrblobby
    Free Member

It’ll be your forks.

cyclelife
    Free Member

I was blown off once on Stanhope Moor 😉

Candodavid
    Free Member

She’d better be able to run fast…….Badum tish …..I’ll get my coat

andysredmini
    Free Member

I was riding over Malvern in very high gusty wind. I jumped off a big bump and a gust turned me 90deg in the air. I landed sideways still travelling in the same direction and came off. Nothing I could of done I was just a passenger.

CheesybeanZ

1977 , riding back from a night out fishing – rods creel and tent all tied to my chopper . Its was only 5/6 miles but it must have took an hour to get home .

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Pretty close to it on the commute this morning. Forget deep rims in a crosswind, Hans Dampf are not exactly aero…

legend
    Free Member

Watched someone off this forum getting blown clean off the track on the hip beside the caveat the top of Ft.Bill – good times 🙂

singlesteed
    Free Member

Yeah most times that I ride past Crickley hill carpark. I see it as a bonus to get blown off by a randy car dogging housewife ;-d

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Yes, road commuting last year, gust through farm gate on a day like today, took me sideways about 2 feet and off the bike. Luckily no car behind me at that moment but the road is a rural rat run – I sacked it, sheltered behind a wall and phoned the better half.

mcnultycop

I took off once at Cragg Quarry, can’t have been more than 150mm in the air but still ended up a metre or so off the trail. Scary stuff.

ska-49
    Free Member

I went to a manual and the wind caught me. Made for an interesting recovery. Wheels firmly planted on the ground for the rest of the ride.
    My I did just over 14 miles but felt more like 30. It was painful going into the wind.

AlexSimon

One of my nick names is ‘crisp bag’.
    Last winter I was in constant danger of blowing away.

bonesetter
    Free Member

^ Not been lifted in this rough episode?

AlexSimon

I’ve been off the bike with man flu, so avoided it so far. Plan on being out on Thursday though, so we’ll see.

titusrider
    Free Member

Wife got blown off (tehe ) while riding on Lewis in the Scottish western isles. It was the culmination of about 8 days of crap weather, we stopped and hired a car after that!

I get the blame because I was riding to the side trying to shelter her and the wind was so strong from the side I stopped pedalling so my pedal wouldn’t hit the ground. I therefore slowed down, her front wheel popped out of the shelter of my bike and disappeared sideways! Luckily only walking pace!

downgrade
    Free Member

On the way to work last December, should have just stayed at home. Thought I had made it safely to the shelter of the city centre, then a gap between buildings did for me.

hora
    Free Member

I was once blown in a 1275 Mini. Quite an experience to live in fear.

benji
    Free Member

Is it the ISIS bottom bracket to blame 😆

Stoner
    Free Member

well, Ive never been blown ON the bike…

epicyclo

Delete 🙂

winston
    Free Member

Mt Ventoux lived up to its name and blew me over just below the summit – with fully loaded panniers and a bar bag…….pelted me with shrapnel too

everyone
    Free Member

Yup, I got blown off the top of Mam Tor, proper “life flashed before my eyes” stuff.

I was coming down some steps on the backside when I went, I had chance to stare at my mate and somehow save the bike before sliding down a bank for a bit. Proper brown trousers moment.

stoney
    Free Member

Several times here in the Lakes…… 😉

I remember one day when the Fred was on… and there were 4 of us on our MTB`s (not doing the Whitton) and all 4 of us were taken clean off our bikes by the wind….

Allmost happened on Sunday as well….only a dab saved me!!!! 😉

votchy
    Free Member

Never been blown off a bike, however I have blown off on a bike <parp> 😀

bonesetter
    Free Member

boom tish 🙂

andyv
    Free Member

Was on the Ae line yesterday in 7stanes and jumping one of the tabletops probably to a massive 12″ off the ground and the bike wasn’t under me when i came in to land. Damn that hurricane Gonzalo.

BillMC

A bit off topic but I was driving around the Kalahari desert last summer and I thought”mmmm a twister spiralling across the salt”. The next thing was silently it blew my car across the road.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I have, was the coastal path on the SW section of the IW. I literally couldn’t stay on the bike, ended up walking for a mile or so until I could ride again.
    Even took the peak off my helmet for fear of it getting blown away.

trail_rat
    Free Member

raasay rumble

coming back in from the harbour on the single track – watched simply_oli_Y get blown off the bike/track then the same happened to me as soon as i appeared from behind the headland.

that was nothing compared to folks tents and belongings disapearing off into the sound of raasay like toy kites.

franki
    Free Member

Not me, but my brother decided to take a bit of air while bombing down Worcestershire Beacon (Malvern Hills) some years ago, while there was a huge crosswind from the West. As soon as his wheels left the ground the wind took him and he was down with a very long and deep gash in his shin.
    Looked like a hospital job to me, but he just ignored it and carried on riding, filling the wound with dirt. 😆
    He’s sporting a decent scar from that one. 😉

belugabob
    Free Member

Not quite, but I have had my nostril blown shut by a side wind on the top of the South Downs

franki
    Free Member

Not quite, but I have had my nostril blown shut by a side wind on the top of the South Downs

😆

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Any one been blown off their bike?’ is closed to new replies.