Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Any night riding to be had round Solihull?
  • tops5
    Free Member

Considering taking a new job, the only thing really bothering me is that the 1st job will be away from home for 20 weeks. I really don’t want to lose my mid – week night rides (to the point that I’ll decline the offer if I cant get out somewhere on the MTB)

Any local knowledge? Guess I would need a guide initially?

lunge

I don’t know if there is much very locally but there is plenty of stuff if you don’t mind a quick blast on the M40 to get there. Clent, Lickey and the North Worcs country side is all within striking distance, Cannock is a touch further but doable in 45 mins if you so desire.

geologist
    Free Member

I used to live between there and Coventry so not far away. Lets just say my bike didnt get used much whilst living there. There is a lot of farmers field bridleway bashing thats about it. Cannock is a short drive away though?

That was 12 years ago, so abit may have changed, and new riding places may have been opened up.

tops5
    Free Member

S’pose Cannock would be ok if i’m doing nowt else. I guess night riding solo would be fairly safe around there?

z1ppy

LOL, being an ex-local I just emailed a local (off-here) about that this morning, not that much seems to be the answer. Travelling to Cannock, wyre & the costwolds seems to be the best option.

Be interested to hear otherwise, as my m8 live in Dorridge and has to travel to me (stourbridge) to get any decent riding. We had a pottle round his way last weekend and other than very wet fields it didn’t seem that promising

tops5
    Free Member

Cheers for the replies guys – might be a no regarding the job offer!

SirHC

Thursday Evening night rides around Warwick/Leamington: https://www.facebook.com/groups/rlsxc/

barffy
    Free Member

Depends how creative you are…..

I do urban rides when I don’t get much time. Surprising how many cool obstacles there are in your average town. Stairs to clear, long sets to ride down, wall rides, those pump tracks they build for the kids. If it’s dry even skateparks can be a hoot.

barffy
    Free Member

Here is a vid from the last ride.

ian martin
    Free Member

I like the crash at the end, looks like my style.

I grew up in Brum and spent time playing on my bike up Sutton park, felt pretty good at the time but i was only young and did’nt know any better.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Any night riding to be had round Solihull?’ is closed to new replies.