Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • any news on guisburn forest?
  • taka
    Free Member

last time i went they were constructing some new trails on the top
    and does anyone have a map or somthing of the trails through the forests cos the only ones i can find are the red,green and purple ones

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I think they’re about half done now. It’s worth talking to Tim, the landlord of the Dog & partridge in Tosside (right by the forest), as he’s a keen biker and knows the area well (and is also very friendly)

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

If you bother to turn up to a dig day and give a little of your time, then you’ll find out everything you want to know. This is the proposed layout of the new trails, nothing is finished yet, nothing is ridable, it’s all being constructed right now. Volunteer builders are and have been building narrow singletrack where machines can’t go.

taka
    Free Member

nice might pop up oneday

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

At some point it will all be put together, but not this Summer. They are nowhere near halfway done. One small section is nearly completed by volunteers (about 1Km). Contractors started about 2 months ago (under the supervision of Nick from Rowan Sorrells company), and those sections will be ready to ride in May. If you scrutanise the map above you’ll beable to work out what has been built and what is coming online in the very near future, but it’s not more than 1/3rd. I don’t think it will be worth a trip just yet, unless you live fairly near.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

sorry, I got the build mixed up with Heapy Fold 🙁

2hottie
    Free Member

Wouldn’t ride any yet, Been at the past 4 dig days and the 1km mark has been reached by the volunteers, more help would be needed as there is a push to break out to the next fire road on the 3rd of May (Sunday) 10-14:00pm tea an biscuits provided. The more people who help the more money the project gets which means better trails for all. There’s a facebook group set up and if you go on line and search for the forest of bowland I think there is a link to the volunteer section.

Walking all the sections is ok, riding them before they have time to settle means more work in the long run as bits will have to be repaired so best not to really. I know I haven’t an I’m helping to build it!

The tracks look fantastic, pics are on the facebook group an ALL are welcome to the dig days,

Cheers Scott

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

tom, drop me an email if you want sweets or whatever for doing that phone thing for me 🙂

taka
    Free Member

na your alright hungry just donate somthing to stw or somthing havent been able to check the email for a bit (two computers)

tom

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘any news on guisburn forest?’ is closed to new replies.