• This topic has 16 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by ojom.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Any Natwest customers having problems today?
  • ojom
    Free Member

Hey

Their website banking is dead and my card just got deeked at Tesco (oh the shame),

Balance albeit embarrassingly bad has sufficient funds for use.

Anyone else had an issue? Have they turned something off by accident?

Ta

Mr_C
    Free Member
    ojom
    Free Member

Ah. Just called them and they reckon they sorted the issue of cards not working but maybe they haven’t.

They couldn’t get my account ‘on screen’ and recommended i call back later.

Server fail it is then hopefully. The poor girl on the phone sounded mega stressed.

gwaelod
    Free Member

The banks are in the throes of another liquidity crisis driven on by the greek situation…they are all trying to stem money being taken out by punters, by taking their cash machines offline and blocking cards.

At the moment no bank really knows if it or other financial institution it lends to/borrows from is actually solvent.

The IT problems are just a cover.

When you do actually get access to your account, withdraw it all, and buy gold sovereigns for cash so there’s no record anywhere of you owning the gold, as before long there will be restrictions on gold ownership.

pennine
    Free Member

It was on BBC News this morning. Maintenance apparently! Overrun I guess…

donsimon
    Free Member

Just pop your details on here bikechain and I’ll have it sorted in a jiffy.

TheFlyingOx

The banks are in the throes of another liquidity crisis driven on by the greek situation…they are all trying to stem money being taken out by punters, by taking their cash machines offline and blocking cards.

At the moment no bank really knows if it or other financial institution it lends to/borrows from is actually solvent.

The IT problems are just a cover.

When you do actually get access to your account, withdraw it all, and buy gold sovereigns for cash so there’s no record anywhere of you owning the gold, as before long there will be restrictions on gold ownership.

That’s just the right side of tinfoil hatness to be believable.

jockhaggis
    Free Member

I just googled how to buy gold sovereigns for cash. 😕

Off down to Elizabeth Duke in a minute. 😉

gwaelod
    Free Member

Baird & Co of Glasgow are very good. Call them to confirm how many you want.

ojom
    Free Member

Hoping the server that died has my overdraft on it.

might wake up tomorrow at clean slate 🙂

UncleFred
    Free Member

My M&S card just got declined, do they use Nat West servers? It worked fine earlier and has plenty of credit available.

ojom
    Free Member

End. Of. The. World Day.

The economy will grind to a halt all because an IT bod spilled his brew on a ‘blade’ or summink.

project
    Free Member

Hsbc yesterday,owned by foreigners and now the partial owned by us the taxpayer bank knackered, im off to tesco to by chocolate gold covered coins,if things go bang, i can pig out and eat them all.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Annoying. Coon’t go shopping in B+Q cos of this.

Ah well. Not the end of the World; I got other stuffs done instead.

Project: not the worst idea, that…. 🙂

project
    Free Member

AS for cash machines anyone notice they frequently run out of paper for the statements, and cash.

Seems as if peeps are withdrawing their cash in big sums, and not spending it in the shops.

john_drummer
    Free Member

there was scheduled maintenance from 0030 to 0530 today. looks like it overran. oops.

ojom
    Free Member

It came back at 6pm then it’s gone again.

Annoying even more so when i get home to a letter saying i have double paid the mortgage and being charged for overpaying! Really want to check what is going on to sort it out.

PLUS – i am being charged for the overpayment… it was Natwest and Lloyds who screwed up some DD transfers to Nationwide hence the overpayment. What a shower.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Any Natwest customers having problems today?’ is closed to new replies.