Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Any Morzine dwellers in the house?
  • Stoner
    Free Member

If there are any Morzine locals around, do you know if there are any bus services from GVA running at the moment? The Altibus site seems to imply it only runs in the winter ski season. I’m looking for an inexpensive transfer early next month (only hand luggage). At the moment it’s looking like a car hire which for just the two days is a bit much.

willjones
    Free Member

Went through this a couple of weeks back – the bus turned out to be a palava with 2 or 3 changes, taking most of the day. This thread helped: GVA > Morzine transfer thread

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Stoner – Ski Transfers (part of Ski Blue Ridge) can do shared cars/transfer for euro 30 and might be able to help you out although clearly they depend on shared rides to make that work. If you do a bit of research you can get some really good deals on cars, 50-60 euro for the weekend especially now its out of season. Try holidayautos / budget etc and also try the french websites, the uk ones usually charge more (although generally have better insurance included)

nickjb
    Free Member

As above I’d look for a deal on a hire car. Means you can set your own timing and probably won’t be much more than a transfer. A car is actually pretty handy there, although for a weekend there be limited benefit

Stoner
    Free Member

cheers all.

Yes, looks like getting a deal on the car is probably best otherwise I’ll be wasting loads of time trying to get a bus from GVA to train station and then via Thonon.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Any Morzine dwellers in the house?’ is closed to new replies.