Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Transfer from Geneva to Morzine this weekend
  • willjones
    Free Member

Hi – can anyone advise on how best to get from Geneva Airport to Morzine please, with bike in bag? Google not making it easy with all the options, some not running in summer months or not being clear about luggage etc. Ideally I’d like to hop on a bus to keep cost down.

Thanks!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Ski Transfers link

Very good have used them a few times, euro 30 I recall (2 of us, cheaper if there are more)

willjones
    Free Member

Thanks – just tried that link, they’re after 340 Euro!

Milkie
    Free Member

Are you sure you selected Geneva – Morzine? I just tried and its €84.00 each. I also trie Bourg St Maurace and that came out at €347.00 each

atlaz
    Free Member

The 340 is an exclusive private transfer return. Basically you’ve asked for a solo journey which takes around an hour and a half each way. Given a black cab from Heathrow to the west end costs about 80 quid one way and it’s 6 times the distance, 340 euros isn’t that bad

willjones
    Free Member

340 euros isn’t that bad

Thanks for the context. It is still a lot of money. I haven’t asked specifically for a solo journey, but it’s all they are offering. 340 is a long way from 80, and flights are at sensible times. Maybe there’s not a market to run a regular shuttle in summer months? But sounds like Jambalaya managed it. Therein lies the problem that I am trying to solve…

atlaz
    Free Member

No it isn’t. I select the Geneva to Morzine option for 1 passenger and I get 84 euros. Return. I think you’re doing something wrong

willjones
    Free Member

Must be!

willjones
    Free Member

Riiight…. ‘quick quote’ is 84 Euro. Go to book, enter details (1xbike, 1xbag, flight arr 14.20, dep 14.55, accommodation central morzine) and price goes up to 347.

atlaz
    Free Member

ah… okay. Well I’ve driven to Morzine when I’ve been but there’s other transfer companies. Just whack it into google, here’s one: http://www.morzexpress.com/

jambalaya
    Free Member

@willjones – phone them up ! They took two of us for 30 euro each.

bombjack
    Free Member

Have you tried the SAT bus? Not sure what the deal is with bikes, but I always use them if I need a transfer in the Winter.
    http://www.sat-annemasse.com/lignes-regulieres/ligne-geneve-morzine-avoriaz.aspx

willjones
    Free Member

Thanks all – Jambalaya, wise words! Message left. SAT bus says no service. But I don’t believe them, so a little more digging required…

antares
    Free Member
    willjones
    Free Member

Fantastic service from Ski Transfers. Highly recommended. 42 Euro each way. Thanks all.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

Action Transfers 60 donkers, return.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Transfer from Geneva to Morzine this weekend’ is closed to new replies.