Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Any lawyers on here?
  • Sui
    Free Member

I’m just saying if it’s looked at objectively, the situation would suggest that whilst everyone was in a NON emotional state, they decided the best option [financially] was to transfer assets out early enough not to get hit with costs later on.

Is Mum fully sound of mind, if not then the previous agreement could have been drawn up to address this issue! Don’t get me wrong, there is always a moral compass that you should look at, but often these agreements are made so as not to affect family later in life – i.e. i don;t want my kids to worry about me when i’m old, take me out to meadow and pull the trigger..

The bloke may well be a tool, but is he just not upholding a promise he made to his mum, irrespective of how it’s coming across?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

That’s a shame dude, some people just can’t see when they’re wrong.

All this it’s the responsibility of the government crap gets on my thrupnees as well. They’re OUR families FFS. We should be utterly disgusted by the way we treat our elders. (Sorry OP rant not aimed at you)

Esme
    Free Member

Pretty much the same thing happened to King Lear

br
    Free Member

There’s no contract. The only reason why John should pay is because his sister Mary is going to pay and Ann, his mother, fed, clothed and brought him up.

Can I correct that for you.

There’s no contract. The only reason why John should pay is because his sister Mary is going to pay and Ann, it’s his mother, fed, clothed and brought him up.

br
    Free Member

So Mum is going into a home and may cost about £2k over the next year, John wants to keep his £80k while Ann will only get £78k?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Would you renege on a legally binding contract if someone gave you a sob story?

about my own mother who needs minor financial help as I get 80 k from her

I am worried that anyone would answer no **** her not my problem

is he just not upholding a promise he made to his mum

Obviously he is motivated here by what is best for her and not what is best for him

wwaswas

If my mum needed £180 a month it wouldn’t matter how I’d got the money – if I had it she’d get it.

Can’t believe there’s all this bollocks about contracts going on. She’s his mother for **** sake.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Any lawyers on here?’ is closed to new replies.