Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Any HtN entries going spare?
  • D0NK

Forecast says wind, rain, hail, sleet and snow.
    It’ll be icey, muddy and generally horrible ground conditions.
    I’ve heard there’s going to be man traps laid down between the double jumps.
    The other racers are miserable sods
    The marshalls will heckle you and your misaligned valve/logos and point and laugh when you crash on The Chin
    Findus are doing the catering
    There may well be dragons
    Lets face it you’ve not shifted the christmas bulk, you’ve not done that training you promised yourself you would and the stopping smoking resolution fell on it’s arse on the 2nd of Jan, do you really want to put yourself through the pain and humiliation of coughing and spluttering your way red faced around a muddy field in manchester?

If not give me a shout, my mate wants another go

binners

You’ve just accurately summarised my life since January. And the rest of it is sure to be spot on. Fair enough, but you need to stress the down sides if you want to get anywhere with this…..

ton

couple on classifieds.

Bregante

Mailed you

Wozza
    Free Member

Mine’s free if you donate to Kendal Mountain Rescue:

Clicky

chrismanc
    Free Member

+1 binners

not done a proper ride in 3 month and well..it’s going to be erm…interesting.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

not done a proper ride in 3 month and well..it’s going to be erm…interesting.

Is there a prize category for most laps by some one who hasnt ridden in the last 3 months? If so can I enter it.

Oh and er what tyres? Seriously since I last did a race last year (Mountain Mayhem) I now have a choice of 3 different sets of tyres. 😯

Semi Slicks – 2.25 knobbies – or Mud Sharks.

Which is best for HtN?

D0NK

Wow that was quick.
    Ah bregante has pointed out HtS has said no changes, will check with him and pass on your details to my mate. Hopefully he will be in contact with one of you shortly (assuming his “oh go on then” at last nights ride wasn’t just bluster)

funky dunc there’ll no doubt be muddy bits but a fair bit of hardpack too I reckon so “normal” knobblies

chrismanc
    Free Member

Ha! I hope so. If anything we could try create a group of slow asses and we can just tightly ride round in a huddle and try keep the heat in!

It’s going to be a sh1t fest so get your semi slicks out 😆

fozzyuk

This year I’m planning ahead. I’ll be up nice and early to reccy the course.

My deckchair, smoking jacket and 4 pack of Stella will be stashed in the woods so that after my token 1 lap, I can enjoy the remaining time.

Much better than last year when I hadn’t prepared for HtN, I had to stand all that time and didn’t have enough beer left.

D0NK

My mate has jibbed out of racing, he will be mocked for it. 🙂
    Apologies if I wasted anyone’s time.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Any HtN entries going spare?’ is closed to new replies.