Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Any good pubs/restaurants near Kirroughtree?
  • chakaping
    Free Member

I’m staying at a campsite in Gatehouse of Fleet next week on my annual pilgrimage to Kirroughtree, wondered if any locals/visitors had tips on where to drink and eat?

And is there any natural riding of a similar standard to the trail centre in the area?

And finally, any local beers to watch for?

Cheers!

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

The restaurant at Nether Barr steading outside newton stewart is good. As is the newton stewart chip shop.

chakaping
    Free Member

Cheers Stuart, got to have fish and chips when you’re beside the seaside!

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

I think there are 2 chippys, the good one is opposite a wee park with a war memorial in it.

BitterBaldingFatty
    Free Member

It’s a little drive away, but Castle Douglas is good for food. There’s a pub on a corner (can’t remember the name, but it’s the biggest on the street) which does hearty-sized portions befitting of a post-ride appetite.

Richyb
    Free Member

We were up a few weeks back and the Creebridge house hotel, in Newton Stewart is heartily reccommended for food and real ale. I did a fair bit of research prior to us going and this was just about the only place I could find with decent beer. Nice spot.

thefallguy
    Free Member

head up the road (queens drive) to Dalry, the Clachan is great pub

mick_r

Beers? Sulwath brewery is worth a stop in Castle Douglas. The wheat beer (solway mist?) is nice. They only open 10 – 4 ish and not on sundays.

We had a look about for food at half term. Creetown seemed a bit lacking but plenty of nice looking pubs in Gatehouse. The old school tearooms on main road outside Castle Douglas was advertising last orders at 6pm so might be good for a quick bite when heading home. The cabin cafe-thing in the Layby at Skyreburn does good cheap trucker food and a big selection of cakes / scones etc.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any good pubs/restaurants near Kirroughtree?’ is closed to new replies.