Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Mugdock – spontaneous snow night ride -anyone in?
  • coffeeking
    Free Member

I’m going to make the most of the snow thats out there, a good few inches already – anyone who’s up for it, let me know by 8:30 so we can meet up! I’m going on the singlespeed so it should be interesting to say the least.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Guess not! If I dont post back by the morning, please assume I’ve frozen to death somewhere around mugdock!

BoardinBob

Ach I was going to head up tonight, but the snow put me off.

one night this week if you’re up for it?

allyharp

I was thinking of heading out for a little bit! Don’t think I’ll even get as far as mugdock though. And not sure what lights I have!

coffeeking
    Free Member

I’m still here, preparing takes too long! I’m going out on wed night too I think, so Bob you can join in if you like – couple of others I know of going, one new to night riding.

Ally – I was thinking of driving to the visitor centre and going from there, I can pick you up if need be?

Suspect it wont be anything other than a lot of chuckles and pain/cold

allyharp

I’m still hunting for some form of light. And zip ties to attach said parts to helmet/bike. I think I’ll just head out from the back door and take it as it comes, will post a message here when i leave.

iainc

coffeking – 3 hrs round there this am with GMBC – it was ace – no mud at all, crispy trails although a bit of ice here and there – the bridge on snakey was lethal -)

19 of us out, with the ride splitting into Dumgoyne Loop and Campsies after a couple of hours……

iainc

coffeeking – meant to add – what time you thinking of wed ? our club ride leaves St Andrews Church Hall at 745 – should be a few of us there if you fancy ?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Not sure on the wed evening – I’ll chat with the others, probably some time around then but they’re not the most reliable time-wise so I’ll see what I can organise!

I’m about to walk out the door, will take 15-20 mins for me to get there – 07751 two six eight six two followed by the number between 2 and 4 (spam bot defeating) if you’re there and I’ll try to meet up!

BoardinBob

i’m on for wednesday

coffeeking
    Free Member

Well that was a tad chilly! Pics to follow!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Cheer for meeting up allyharp, a fun, if painful ride! And so much better with no lights!

allyharp

It was great fun! Glad I came out. The snow is probably a good time for a first night ride since you can actually get away with no lights at all. And it gives an extra excuse to take things slowly!

Of course, my only photos were of my bike leaning against various objects
    eg a bench:

Jamie
    Free Member

Just pissing it down where i am now…i miss the snow 😥

coffeeking
    Free Member

Didnt even recognise your bike was blue!

Myself, about to pack car – glad they ploughed the road but it did leave me with a little digging to get out…

Clagged up rear end!

And the reason to go out…

And a nice hope snow hub radially laced…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Mugdock – spontaneous snow night ride -anyone in?’ is closed to new replies.