Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Any good multi-gyms on offer anywhere on the net?
  • mrmuddybum
    Free Member

Anyone aware of any good multi gyms on offer anywhere on the web?

Looking at spending no more than £300 on one, and the best one I have seen so far is a York one on Argos in the sale for £299 reduced from £499.

sc-xc

To be honest, you'll get a much better workout with a bench and some free weights. Check your local bargain pages in about a months time when all the New Year resolutions have crumbled.

nickname
    Free Member

I have this, although the saving isn't as much as it is on the york, but looks pretty similar.

http://www.gymworld.co.uk/prodpage.asp?ProdID=3040

jabbathehut
    Free Member

Barry Bethel – Premier Member

To be honest, you'll get a much better workout with a bench and some free weights. Check your local bargain pages in about a months time when all the New Year resolutions have crumbled.

Absolutely spot on. Multi-gyms are not the best bits of kit. Free weights give a much better all round work out. They also take up a lot less space. Check workout for a few pointers.

I really would give a multigym a wide berth unless you need somewhere to hang your clothes to dry 😀 in 6 months time

What they said ^.
    Cheap dumbell and barbell free weights and basic bodyweight exercises beats an expensive multigym every time.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

If you can be bothered, you can have my multi gym.

Lancashire, nr wigan. Derbyshire is not that far away to save yourself a few hundred quid?

bench bit, chair thing at t'other end, leg whatsit so you sit on the bench and straighten legs or lay on your tummy and bend them upwards, pull down bar, them things you pull together while you sit down as well.

As you can tell, its well used and I even know the names for everything it does (not) 😀

mrmuddybum
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice. I must admit I am now tempted by a bench, with a few attachments.

Just a question about the benches with attachments though… do any free weights fit on these benches? Just that I already have a few free weights, and hoping they will fit ok. Is the hole a standard diameter?

nedrapier
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any good multi-gyms on offer anywhere on the net?’ is closed to new replies.