Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Any Ford mechanics around?
  • matt_outandabout

The manual for my 2006 Galaxy Mk3 does not list where the dipped beam / side lights fuse is…it lists fogs and main beam…

Any suggestions?

bails

Have you checked the diagrams for both fuse boxes? There’s usually one in the cabin and one under the bonnet.

Edit

Inbred456
    Free Member

This may help.

http://www.fordwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=Fuse_%26_Relay_Information_-_Mk3

Most probably a relay has failed or been knocked. Good luck.

Jamie
    Free Member

In my fiesta there is a better fuse diagram on the other side of the glovebox. Anything similar on the Galaxy?

craigxxl
    Free Member

Not sure where the fuse boxes are in the Galaxy. As others have said one will be in the engine bay and the other in the cabin. The later in a Mondeo is behind the glove box which needs removing to access. The layout key is on the back very back of the glove box.

matt_outandabout

yep, found all three(!), one in engine bay, one in cabin, one in boot.

None have a fuse in a slot not listed in book; book does not list which is right fuse.

No diagrams on flaps/covers/on car.

^that diagram bears no resemblance to the fuse boxes. The mondeo bonnet box is the same, internal is different.

Inbred456
    Free Member

You may find there is no fuse for the lights, driving down a country lane at night fuse blows death and carnage etc. Some cars lights are not fused may be a safety thing.

matt_outandabout

Ok, that means I should go hunting the relay – or the miracle of two bulbs blowing at exactly the same moment…

unovolo
    Free Member

Dont know if this link is any use to you:-
    Galaxy Fuses

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Have you had any luck with this?

I only ask as there was was a “common” (known?) problem with some mk3 mondeo’s where both headlamps seemed to fail simultaenously. So there MAY well be a link to yours.

Page 4 of this thread starts to deal with the most common mondeo problems (there were 2 common issues iirc).

http://www.talkford.com/topic/94509-headlight-problem/

matt_outandabout

Sorted. Seems that it doesn’t have a fuse, but if one headlamp blows, it can trigger both dipped beam elements and two side bulbs blowing at once, but not the main beam elements as they are on separate (fused) circuit…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Any Ford mechanics around?’ is closed to new replies.