Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • any fone gurus around ???
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

so a couple of weeks ago i upgraded my mobile …ive got an HTC Rhyme….just getting my head around all the different apps user guides set up of fone etc….most things work fine but cant recieve and send MMS….. went into 02 shop yesterday and the phone guru in there tried for about an hour…no luck…so he changed my sim card agin…said it shud work (mms) within 24 hours…. was in the fone shop at 1pm yesterday…. tried to send mms agin today..still not working…. duno wot the issue is….i used to be on top up but since getting my new fone im on pay monthly customer now…. ive been into the settings on the fone and everything looks fine most boxes are ticked…..the guru in the shop seemed happy enough with the fone settings also……. this morning i got on the 02 website and got chatting with the 02 guru online…..they sent me by email a very long list of procedures to go through… i guess i will have to try there procedure (not that i know my way around my fone too much as im new to all these apps/different layout etc. surely im aloud to send and recieve mms ???? on my fone..

kennyp
    Free Member

Sorry can’t help, but I’ve an old dictionary that should help with your other problems.

🙂

aP
    Free Member

Must be Dorothy Richardson under a pseudonym 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

Go into the shop, tell them you are not leaving until it’s sorted, not yours, or our, problem.

zokes
    Free Member

It’s spelt “phone”. HTH.

beej

MMS needs to be enabled for you on the network – it’s not just the phone settings that need to be right.

I’d assume they’d have checked this though, it’s a obvious one… but then you never know.

You could try calling their customer services rather than going into the shop – they sometimes have access to better systems to diagnose problems.

Cougar

Make sure you’re using the pay monthly APN.

Settings / Wireless & Networks / Mobile Networks / Access Point Names. It should read mobile.o2.co.uk

elaineanne
    Free Member

yep beej is correct…. yup guess wot…it was 02’s fault…MMS wasnt enabled on the network….. a woman had alook through on her check list and guess what …one box wasnt ticked (MMS) !!!! so now its been enabled and it works fine….crickey id have thought they mite have been able to check this procedure in the shop yesterday…i was in there for 1hour 20 mins with the guru trying to solve it…….. maybe in the shop they are only aloud to do certain stuff ?? it mite take an ABSOLUTE GURU to do these checks ‘online’….ho hum at least it works now..
    he didnt have to change my sim tho agin did he.. he thought i had a duff sim card in my fone…i dont think so….lol

peteimpreza

Did you stop off to buy a dictionary afterwards? 8)

chrisdw
    Free Member

Please… Use paragraphs and some sort of grammar?

geoffj

Please… Use paragraphs and some sort of grammar?

elaineanne
    Free Member

Wot the he’ll, I have used grammar..question marks, full stops…geez wot more do u want….shall I grit this thread too then I won’t be a slippery dude…. Hee hee. Quite hard typing this on my new touch screen…smaller keyboard….hav a heart guys. Lol

bikeytom
    Free Member

I hate myself already for replying to this but honestly a bit of good grammar takes seconds even on a touch screen (usually predictive text actually helps you more than a keyboard would). It also makes people reading the post more likely to view you in a positive light and reply in a friendly manner, mostly because they are given the impression that you have taken the little bit of extra time to put together a well thought out post.

geoffj, I love that diagram, laughed for a minute straight. Genius.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘any fone gurus around ???’ is closed to new replies.