Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 119 total)
  • Your final ride of 2011
  • Sue_W
    Free Member

Just about to head out for my final ride of 2011 – nothing epic, just an easy spin of my favourite local loop (not feeling that well, but I’m b*ggered if I’m not going!)

A chance to reflect on and celebrate that I have been lucky enough to have a great year of cycling 🙂

Anyone else fitting in a last ride before the close of the year?

tollah
    Free Member

Yup, going to head out on a new local loop that I’ve half ridden and the other half is mapped out in my empty head, fingers crossed!

chakaping
    Free Member

Going out for a couple of hours on road bike with a friend at lunch time.

I have only done solo road rides so far and my mate is an amateur world champion triathlete so I am slightly apprehensive.

bigG
    Free Member

Since all the local trails are waterlogged I’ll be heading out for a couple of hours at Carron Valley trails

kerv
    Free Member

Yup, last spin round Brickhill woods while the ankle biters are asleep later.

colournoise

Mine was a short and slow muddy slog yesterday. Today we are taking the dogs to the beach.

slainte 😀 rob

chubby_monk
    Free Member

Yup – been out already this morning. Just a quick loop from my house, round Ashton court in Bristol, and back.

Started at 7:20 in the dark and finished when it was light. Night / dawn rides are ace. I saw more deer than people until the very end. One even ran parallel to the trail for about 20 yds.

The wind and rain was less enjoyable, but the mist made it cool for a while

Sue_W
    Free Member

chakaping – just peddle very hard and very fast, and try not to be sick 🙂

chubby_monk – that’s a really special way to start the last day of the year

Right – bike is calling so I’m off. Enjoy your end of year rides folks

peteimpreza

Blazing sunshine here in Maribor so I am off out up Pohorje.

jedi

i’m going to ride the singletrack i have been cutting at herts. fast and flowy 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Time crunched, so going for a run instead.

*heads off to RunnerTrackWorld*

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Just been out for a ride, minus degrees, loads of frozen puddles, but the sun is shining. Fantastic to be out there not worrying about HR zones and times but just riding ’cause its cool to do so.

flap_jack
    Free Member

road ride, 35 mile loop in the golden triangle. And the ham bone, leek and potato soup I’ve just prepared (and on the hob at minimum temperature) as recovery meal.

_tom_
    Free Member

Around 45 minutes on road. Haven’t got time to drive anywhere to ride the mtb.

Stoner
    Free Member

This evening my usual 1hr30m, SS, arse-ripping climb to the pub on the hill for a pint then rattle back down to my local for a few more.

If I can be arsed to do another climb there’s a new-to-me descent I want a crack at.

sofaking
    Free Member

just done 24 miles on the road bike as a pre ride to 31 in 31 for Jan ……………………..hopefully

Jamie
    Free Member

Around 45 minutes on road. Haven’t got time to drive anywhere to ride the mtb.

Is that even worth it, Tom? 😉

mojo5pro
    Free Member

Been out for the last couple of days on local rides around Halifax. On the tops so weather was pretty wild (especially thursday) but really enjoyed it. No riding today though.

jedi

any ride is worth it!

grahamt1980

Sadly already had the last ride of 2011. Building girlfriend’s bike today so its ready for the new year. So out riding tomorrow. Happy riding everyone

robsoctane
    Free Member

My wife is off to bingo this afternoon so I’m with my son (8 years old)… We will be going to the BMX park near us so he can show me up then when the wife gets back it’s night riding at 4pm. Local loop, well, it’s 7 miles before I get to the loop but it’s like my own private trails centre, always empty and absolutely great lines… pretty sure that it was all made by motorcross bikes some times ago, now it’s not that rutted but it still has great roughness to it and the hills up and down are the best I’ve been on. I’ll be blasting the Trek Fuel around.

I can’t wait. Everyone else, enjoy what you’re doing on the last day – Happy new year!!!!!!!!!

legend
    Free Member

Glentress yesterday was my last ride if the year, wasn’t expecting to get properly snowed on! Ended up fooking freezing!

BigG, a couple of hours at CV? I’m bored to tears after 1 hour

devs
    Free Member

I have got 16km to do today to meet my 4000kms for the year target. I shall do it as I have done many of them in the local forest on awesome trails with axl the awesomely fit lurcher alongside. He’s in a huff recently because I’ve been doing longer Puffer training rides without him.

One more commute and that’s it.
    Over 9000km on a mountain bike this year and half of it on a single seed. 😀

metalheart
    Free Member

I was out yesterday (Fochabers as it happens, had to keep going to get pastall the ice here).

Too knackered and the bike stuff is still clarted from yesterday. Plus been out more on the bike in that last week than in the previous 4-5 months… 😳

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Planning a 100 miles tomorrow so heading to the gym today instead of riding, and then heading to the sofa for the rest of the day. My last ride of 2011 was a mtb ride on Thursday. Strange to end the year with a mtb ride, given I’ve only mtb’ed a handful of times this year…and almost all of those rides have been wet/muddy/snowy!

richmars

Epic last ride of 2011:
    300m to the shop, newspapers for me and FIL, delivered, another 500m, then back up the hill home, 5minutes (including time chatting).

Have a good 2012!

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I was out on the roadbike yesterday,did the local loop before going to work,2nd time this week,doing the local loop that is,been working mon-fri.Sue I know what you mean about enjoying the “unspectacular” local rides,I love how everything changes through the seasons.
    First ride of the new year tomorrow.
    Happy New Year all 😀

MrKmkII
    Free Member

i’m riding to the shops for groceries! hope to get a proper ride in after too. and without further stalling for time, good bye!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Metric half century just completed for me pre boozing 🙂

theflatboy
    Free Member

went out this morning for a 25 mile road loop. it was very nice, though a bit windy. dark when i set off, followed by a beautiful sunrise as i was going over waterloo bridge. lovely stuff. 🙂

fourbanger
    Free Member

100km beasting on the roadbike yesterday, pushing like hell. One too many vodkas last night so missed my recovery ride by 5 hours. Fail.

forge197
    Free Member

Just a spin the legs ride around Cannock, now having a roll from the cafe 🙂

xcneil
    Free Member

Turbo time zone 2 of 4 whoop whoop

Sue_W
    Free Member

That was an ace final ride of the year … my favourite coastal road route, stunning scenery out to sea, virtually no traffic, and best of all blue skies, sunshine and riding in just a t-shirt!

I’d just like to say that again – biking … in a t-shirt … on the 31st of December – Fan-bleedin-tastic 🙂

I feel so lucky to be me!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Done it – an hour on the road bike. The wind and rain was so strong I was blinded at one point. Got a tailwind on the way back though!

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

It’s gonna be a nightride tonight to see the year in on-top the hills 🙂

Alex

Short, Hilly road ride testing out the new cadence sensor. Ignored everything but trying to keep a faster cadence and be as smooth as possible. 2 mins quicker than my best time. Result 🙂

CwmCarn tomorrow, back to proper bikes 😉

Vortexracing

Might be an hour on the roadbike this avo

or

a quick local one on the [cough]Footpaths[/cough] around the vilage.

Tha later will be bloody filthy though 🙁

was yours up the Mountain Sue?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 119 total)

The topic ‘Your final ride of 2011’ is closed to new replies.