Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Any financial gurus in today?
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

I’ve just “Zoopla’d” my place and it’s worth a humungous amount of shekels.

There must be something I can do with this other than downsize to make a few bucks. Any ideas?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Stay living in it. Think about some home improvements / extension to add more value.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Mr Woppit – Member
    I’ve just “Zoopla’d” my place and it’s worth a humungous amount of shekels

Your house is worth what someone will actually pay for it. You may also still require a house. Anyway remortgage as much as you can and pp gift it to me and I’ll double you initial investment with my turf and high speed equine investment scheme.

mudshark
    Free Member

Equity release? Not my cup of pee.

Actually you could remortgage to release capital to do something cool with – maybe gamble that you’ll get a better return than the mortgage cost.

the-muffin-man

Section a bit off and rent it out as a flat?

towzer

rent a room, *can be tax free, Mon-Fri is a great lodger arrangement.

? does it have a large, well insulated loft with power sockets

DrP

I’ve just zoopla’d the house (Cough…bungalow) we want to buy I’ve just had an offer accepted on.. it was £40k more than the zoopla price.
    Swings and Roundabouts!

DrP

jimmy

Do you need the money now? Take early retirement, sell up, down size and then I’ve off the proceeds. Unless you have a huge pension already too.

brooess
    Free Member

I’ll take it off your hands. 2p?

bearnecessities

I’ll better that; a full wig with extensions.

wilburt
    Free Member

Take the money buy a cheap motorhome/caravan blag a parking space and live free for a couple of years. In the mean time put the cash(is king) in an investment fund for 10%+ return and bag a bargain by re-entering the UK house market post crash in a couple of years.

* consider this bit in small letters, this may be very good or very bad advice.

mudshark
    Free Member

I’ve just zoopla’d the house (Cough…bungalow) we want to buy I’ve just had an offer accepted on.. it was £40k more than the zoopla price.

How does the Mouseprice estimate compare? The two estimates I have for mine are about 10% different – and both quite a bit above what the estate agent said it was worth.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Any financial gurus in today?’ is closed to new replies.