Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • any Ebay Guru's on here?
  • taka
    Free Member

hi,

Ive recently "sold" my bike but.. i put a reserve of £800 on it and at the end of the listing time it was sold for £345 and the buyer has declined to cancel the transaction and wants the bike for £345 and he wants it next week. Ive tried looking through the help stuff but i cant find anything to do with a decline of a transaction cancel? Im not going to let the bike go for £345 as the frame and forks are worth that…

what can i do?

cheers Tom

bruneep

If you put a reserve of £800 on it, then it never sold. Bids only reached £345.

Tell non winner to **** off.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/buy/reserve-price.html

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Eh? If you put a reserve of £800 that would be the minimum bid that would mean you would have to sell it. If it sold for £345 I think you must have made a mistake when you were listing it! Looks like the guy has got a bargain – I guess you'd be best to chat to him and try and sort it out, explain your mistake, and see if he's willing to let you pull it. It might be someone off here?

tails
    Free Member

Unfortunatly buddy you sold it for £345 and did not put a £800 reserve on it.

Now this leaves you with two options suck it up and take it or tell him you f**ked up but he is still not getting the bike. For £450+ I'd take the second option. Though you got to pay him back.

Hadge
    Free Member

If you've put a reserve on it and it failed to reach that, then you do NOT have to sell it – as long as the lsiting states in the bidding/price box. If you've written it in the listing then I'm afraid you've shot yourself in the foot. Show us the link to the listing if you can.

bruneep

This one?Looks like there is no reserve on that. 😕

If you don't want to let it go at that price take the neg feedback or open a new account and start again.

DaveGr
    Free Member

Look like no reserve then. If there was it would look like this one where the reserve hasn't been met.

Hadge
    Free Member

There's no reserve set????? You've stated you put a reserve on it but where's that written on the listing?

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

D'oh 😐

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

What bruneep said, if you entered a reserve when listing the bike and it didn't reach the reserve, it's not sold. That's normal auction practice.

EDIT: oh dear, someones fecked up.

taka
    Free Member

yep thats it.. i think the listing fecked up when i put it on because i was charged for 8 pictures as well which are not there?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Think you'd have grounds to cancel due to your error.

£800 – ambitious!

taka
    Free Member

£800 – ambitious! – yeh i know

tails
    Free Member

haha! yeah no offense buddy but that auction is wack, I would not even look at an auction without a pic although you have got a link.

Plus if I'm doing an auction I try to use good English as some buyers care about such things.

Hadge
    Free Member

Tom, then if when you listed it and it didn't look right you should have cancelled the listing! I'm sure you know exactly what a listing looks like when it has a reserve on it! I think you've taken a gamble and it's not come off, when you list anything it tells you waht the listing fee is and if you set a reserve your fee will take that into consideration. As soon as anyone bid, even a low amount it would always say "Reserve Not Met" and surely you've been watching it as the auction has been going on! You should have asked on this site way way before it ended and then you would have sorted this out before you dug a big hole for yourself.
    I guess you don't want sell the bike, which is wrong for you to do now as it's your mistake but you have the option of declinig, taking the negative feedback or deleting your ebay account. Not good and I hope you learn from it.

Andy

What was said above. There is not reserve on the price, or in the text below. So what wes said above:

Either decide you will not sell, so refund any money paid, explain politely and nicely to the buyer that it was a mistake and hope he doesn't negative feedback you.

or

Suggest to him what you will accept and negotiate a price.

avdave2

You could offer the guy his money back plus some compensation for his wasted time. The errors all appear to be yours and he seems to have bought the bike within the rules.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Anyway, I thought the idea behind a reserve at auction, was to set an absolute minimum price you are prepared to let the item go for, not some pie in the sky price.

Black
    Free Member

Just refuse to sell and take the negative feedback.

taka
    Free Member

there was no money involved only the listing fee which i paid for things that didnt happed 🙁

Hadge
    Free Member

Before you list anything, you can preview the listing. Even if you set a schedueled start you can still edit, check and change what you've put – what it boils down to is you've balls'ed up! If I was the buyer I'd be less than happy and I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot, you'd be screaming at the seller. Do whatever thinks best for you – end of. Your cock up – you deal with it but make sure you learn from it. Simples.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/how-much-is-this-worth-please

oh look you had already been told it was worth £350 looks like the buyer got a good deal!

cynic-al
    Free Member

taka – Member
    there was no money involved only the listing fee which i paid for things that didnt happed

Presuming you are trying to say you paid for a reserve but didn't get it, nonsense!

phoenixfromtheflame
    Free Member

I would just refuse to sell it. You wouldnt be the first person to do this on ebay.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I think part of the problem is the colour of the frame you chose, it might have seemed like a fun idea at the time, but not very desirable on the resell market. Maybe take Horas advice and break it down to sell. You'll probably get more for the sum of the parts.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

youve only got 7 feedback and what, 3 as a seller so its no great shakes to lose the account and start again if you get negative feedback.

Dont want to be wise after the event but have to echo Hadges comments, how long did you let the auction run watching it in your "selling" ebay and not think there was something wrong with it? You can re-edit a listing for as long as its running, I've gone back into listings and corrected typos I missed or added info that I've been emailed about. I even changed and added pictures (sold a frame and original pic was of the built bike so took ones of the bare frame).

£800 sounds way OTT for a 456 with mid-range kit (and no rear wheel?!).
    Let us know what you do but I assume it'll be keep the bike, get negative feedback and possibly bin the account?

bruneep

"No rear wheel"
    😯
    never noticed that, Wonder if the buyer did. I'd let it go at £345. That's as good a price as you'll get.

Edit: You wanted £800 for a bike with 1 wheel?

taka
    Free Member

thanks for the feedback im not selling the bike for £345 so he can **** off ive paid for the listing which came to £8.47 including photo's reserve etc. it was all OK when I left it 5 days ago it had a reserve and pictures etc. checked it yesterday when I got back from Ireland after the auction had finished to find the listing is not how I left it and a guy saying he will collect the bike next week? I think im just going to close the account

taka
    Free Member

shame ive spent over £345 on the frame fork and wheels im not going to sell the whole fking thing for that!

roblerner
    Free Member

"he can **** off"

Steady on, it's not his fault. He's totally entitled to expect to pick up a bike he won fairly. Maybe be polite about it..?

Also strange to sell a full bike minus a rear wheel – almost worth getting a cheap one and making it into a working bike for selling purposes.

Hadge
    Free Member

If that's the case and you say your listing showed it had a reserve then refer it to eBay as they NEED to be made aware and ask them for a refund! They will contact the buyer and explain what's happened then you have NO NEED to close your account. I'm sure eBay will have a record of what you've actually done. I would be banging on eBay's door if that happened but I suspect all is not what it seems………………..

taka
    Free Member

ive emailed/rang ebay they said they will sort it out by the end of the day (yesterday)

Hadge
    Free Member

Good – but that's what you should have done in the first place – as soon as your pictures that you paid for didn't show up! Hope you sort it out anyway.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

"shame ive spent over £345 on the frame fork and wheels im not going to sell the whole fking thing for that!"

youre making the point half your advisors made, that you'd get more breaking it up;

456 frame; typically £100 used here
    Marz 55's; typically £150 used fleabay
    hope front wheel; (youre only selling one) typically £50 here.
    Saint brakes; some M800's just went for £100+ here.

So thats £400 and you havent even touched gearing/bar/post/stem etc etc

nosherduke996
    Free Member

Just refuse to sell it. The worst that will happen is you will be banned from Ebay, and if so then you just sell under a different username.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘any Ebay Guru's on here?’ is closed to new replies.