• This topic has 56 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Any Doctors in the house? Advice would be much appreciated.
  • DrP

^
    I’ll play.
    Despite T wave abnormalities typically being ischaemia related, inverted T waves can be a normal finding following positive RBBB, so I’m going to say normal.

However, Googling your ECG report, oddly, suggests “GAIDS”…

DrP

PS – If I’m wrong, can I have your stuff…

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

I think you doctors are paid quite enough.

If anyone gets his stuff it should be a nurse.

ourmaninthenorth

so I’m going to say normal.

Good call. But analysis is roughly along the lines of: in RBBB t-waves ought to be concordant. Mine are discordant. Inverted t-waves in v1-v3 suggest ARVC. So, after testing for Brugada* and ARVC, conclusion is “unusual, but normal for me”. Resting and stressed ECG show the same pattern.

So, you can’t have my stuff just yet.

OP – don’t read any of this, or you’ll get the fear..!

*As decided by a consultant cardiologist. Dismissed as “unnecessary” by consultant electrophysiologist. Doctor Wars!

dr_death
    Free Member

That’s what he said, “Normal”

molgrips
    Free Member

The internet is becoming the leading cause of hypochondria in the Western world.

benjamins11
    Free Member

Hadn’t read the initial post your 21 and ten stone. It would have to be a very convincing story to make me do troponins. Yours doesn’t sound like that. If i had seen you i wouldnt done troponins either. Stop worrying get on with your life.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

dr_death – Member
    Can I have a tenner on it being nowt?

(Or your stuff if you kark it?)

Don’t fall for it.

molgrips – Member
    The internet is becoming the leading cause of hypochondria in the Western world.

With enough time, I can convince myself that I have anything.

Saccades
    Free Member

Don’t listen to this buch of quacks OP, your diagnosis is easy; Bad aids.

I’m surprised no one else had point this out.

nukeproofriding
    Free Member

Quite. Not to mention the several I’ve attended left sitting in the waiting room (and one sitting on the wall outside the surgery) who were actively having an MI !!

I was under the impression that even the mildest MI puts people on their ass? Is this not true then?

I’d have thought someone having an MI would be absolute top priority!

Drac

OK paramedics, let’s see how good you are:

I have RBBB where the RSR’ is almost completely positive (i.e. above the “base line”) and deep and wide inverted t-waves in V1-V3.

What’s wrong with me?

To be clear, we may not know what’s wrong with but we will know that it’s not an MI. We will recognise, I hope, that it’s a RBBB. You can see why DrP and DrDeath are pain more than me now, they have done much more training. We can recognise more than a patient having an MI though.

I was under the impression that even the mildest MI puts people on their ass? Is this not true then?

I’d have thought someone having an MI would be absolute top priority!

No it depends on many factors.

You’d think they would wouldn’t you.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Terminal Hypochondria, that’s what it is…
    MTFU! If you were at risk, you’d be in a ward swapping grisly stories with other cardiac patients.

DrP

It’s not skill or training.
    I tell everyone they’re fine.
    For the vast majority of the time, I’m right……

DrP

nukeproofriding
    Free Member

Terminal Hypochondria, that’s what it is…

Thanks. It’s not.

project
    Free Member

Nukeproof riding, switch computer on, and insert little finger into a spare usb port, and run a virus scan.

Easy. 😯

Can i borrow your bike,

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

You dont see many st elevation mi’s these days.

And drs and paramedics get over yourselves we all get it wrong sometimes! I can think of 2 occasions in the last 10 years when i have done a housecall after the paramedics have left, only to admit the patient to hospital with symptoms suggestive of an mi with a ” normal” ecg. If in doubt get the enzymes done!

nukeproofriding
    Free Member

Can i borrow your bike,

It’s a scalp. Are you man enough? :mrgreen:

Drac

You dont see many st elevation mi’s these days.

Surely that depends, we see quite a few hence why they setup PPCI direct admissions for Ambulance staff.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Any Doctors in the house? Advice would be much appreciated.’ is closed to new replies.