Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Any decent ideas for a 'soft' diet?
  • glupton1976
    Free Member

Broken jaw means soft diet for me for a while. There is only so much soup I’ll be able to take.

philconsequence
    Free Member

mashed everything

wwaswas

what eveyrone else is having but liquidised.

Have a look at kids weaning food too – some of that was remarkably taster iirc.

DrP

I was going to invite you round for a nice big juicy steak…. 🙁

DrP

Cougar

I know you said ‘there’s only so much soup’, but there are many, many, many different soups out there. Soup is just squooshy food, and there’s a lot of foods. Maybe grab a book or two and be a little adventurous?

And, get well soon. Ouch.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Many of you will be pleased to know that it was broken by someone kicking me on the chin. Civilised though, we bowed to each other afterwards.

wwaswas

we bowed to each other afterwards

When butlers get riled they can lash out.

maccruiskeen

Soft as in can’t chew at all? – Or stuff that you don’t need to bite.

I make a lot of use of the Pedon mixed grain things – mixes of pulses that don’t need to be pre-soaked so they cook as quick as pasta. I use them in the place of pasta and they’ve got more taste and are more substantial / satisfying to eat than mashed stuff

Rissotto

Get good at cooking eggs

Can of flageolet beans cooked with garlic, rosemary a bit of fresh chilli and served with a glug of red wine vinegar stirred in (served with something good made with egg)

glupton1976
    Free Member

Soft as in minimal jaw movements, because not only have I broken it, my tmjs are damage and sitting closer to my ear canals than they should be.

maccruiskeen

I’d say the beans and the risotto then with the Pedon stuff being something to look forward to between now and your next under-ripe pear

SaxonRider

+1 for baby food.

jimmy

Tarka Daal & Saag Aloo

maccruiskeen

Home Fries (not the oven chips)

trail_rat
    Free Member

lentil dahl ?

Milkie
    Free Member

When I had similar operations I was on a diet of Farley’s Rusks, Weetabix, Soups and Complan, for over 6 weeks. Worked for me!

GrahamS

Brought to you by the Lard Information Council

Sandwich

Tarka Daal

That’s the one that’s a little ‘otter?

IGMC

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Any decent ideas for a 'soft' diet?’ is closed to new replies.