Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Any decent cycling around Slough
  • VassagoJay
    Free Member

I’m off to Slough for 3 days and was wondering if it was worth chucking the bike in the car ? I’m staying at the Burnham Beeches hotel so somewhere close to that would be good.
    Failing that I’ll just drink and eat good food 🙂

Tiger6791

The much talked about Swinley is 30 mins away

anjs
    Free Member

Keep an eye out for your bike if you leave it in your car

soobalias
    Free Member

the chilterns is 30mins the other way

think swamp.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

chilterns really are mucky atm did the gorrick at crowthorne/swinley the other day and it held up fine.

Ax3M4n
    Free Member

Chiltern Cycleway

Take a look at the link – thats the Chilterns. If you head North out of Slough (check an OS map) you’ll see plenty of Forest and bridleways, the further North and West you go the hillier it gets.

Also, there is a downhill course at Aston Hill – North of High Wycombe.

Swinley Forest is best local for dedicated Singletrack Trails

nickwatson
    Free Member

I used to live in Burnham when I was young, and spent most of my summers playing in Burnham Beeches on my BMX. Just turn right out of BB Hotel, head up the road for about a mile and a half, and check out the woodlands – it’s not amading by any stretch of the imagination, but there is a little elevation, and plently of tracks through the trees. Certainly worth checking out since you are so close.

juiced
    Free Member

have a look at ‘The Jubilee River’ route on sustrans site for a firm ( along the river anyhow) lesiurely training ride

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any decent cycling around Slough’ is closed to new replies.