Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Any BT mobile users here?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

I don’t know why but I’m wary of BT mobile – please tell me they’re great no worse than the others, because they’re doing some cracking SIM only deals.

Oh, am I right in thinking that their network is exactly the same as EE’s?

mav12
    Free Member

i am on it cant fault it really 4g is fast,signal is good ,app to show your usage is good swapped my number over and it went flawlessly , changed my package for more data and it was done instantly .

nwgiles

They use EE’s network

luckily without kevin bacon…

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Got a Sim deal for my lad for £5 a month.

Got £15 in Amazon vouchers and £25 cashback.

Can’t really go wrong for that, can you?

perchypanther
    Free Member

I had a BT Mobile contract and cancelled it round about 2002 – 2003.

I still get a quarterly bill for £0.00 regular as clockwork. I’ve given up trying to get them to stop.
    Now, it’s a bit like a christmas card from that couple you met in Cyprus on your holibobs 20 years ago …

Smudger666

Gonna keep an eye on this thread – currently waiting for my new mobile to swap numbers from EE to BT.

spooky_b329

I’m really tempted as I can go from 3g, 3gb per month to 4g, 20gb per month…and I normally use most of my data allowance.

However, I also tether every now and then. BT Mobile don’t ‘support’ it although it sounds like they don’t block tethering traffic as I’ve tried with a friends phone it it allowed my mobile to tether off theirs.

So has anyone on here used tethering regularly without issues, and would it be easy for BT Mobile to decide to change stance from ‘not supporting’ to actively blocking tethering. I don’t want to give up my ancient cheap contract for a new one that may not offer tethering in the future.

allthepies
    Free Member

Got a link for that deal ?

giant_scum
    Free Member

Use it for work and as said above it is on EE’s network, no connection issues here in Central Scotland 4g most of the time.
    EE are doing a L2600(4g) upgrade at present so expect it to get even better.
    First I’ve heard about them not allowing tethering I know some of my co-workers who don’t have data sims in there laptops do this!

just5minutes
    Free Member

just something to think about – although BT does use EE’s network the services available aren’t the same. BT doesn’t support a couple of things:

– tethering
    – wifi calling (built in to iPhones and quite a lot of other phones)

BT also won’t be able to offer use of EE’s 800Mhz VOLTE network that will be launched in the next few weeks (possibly as early as this Tuesday). The VOLTE network is much lower frequency and allows voice calls over 4G – it will significantly improve indoor and rural coverage – three launched there’s a few weeks back and the coverage improvement is significant.

This will change when BT and EE are integrated but that’s a good 12-18 months away.

shorn
    Free Member

BT is fine, coverage is fine and as good as orange who I was previously signed up to. However I think to get the £5 a month deal you have to be signed up for their broadband as well which is also pretty good.

spooky_b329

Thanks Scum, sounds like tethering is permitted if not supported then.

Also worth noting you can have multiple Sims for other members of the family.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Any BT mobile users here?’ is closed to new replies.