Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Any bolivians in the house? Or people who know anything about bolivian racing?
  • Northwind

An odd question this! But for a work related thing, does anyone know the name of the bolivian cycling organisation- equivalent of British Cycling- and where I might pick up nationals dh results etc? Trying to help someone out here but I’m struggling to find anything, probably a language gap.

kayak23

Have you tried contacting one of the guiding companies out there that run trips down the Death road etc?
    There were quite a lot of them when I was out there last Summer.

Try Gravity Bolivia for instance.

ransos
    Free Member

I don’t, but there are a number of cycling companies in La Paz who might be able to help. We used this firm: http://www.gravitybolivia.com/index.php?mod=homeb

Edit: great minds etc!

Northwind

Good idea, I’ll do that, I’d spotted them while googling (all you really get is world’s most dangerous road, and mad red bull events!)

allthepies
    Free Member

I think there are some on here who know about Bolivian marching.

barrytheflea
    Free Member

Racing Bolivians? That must be illegal! It’s immoral!!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Nothing on roots and rain? Try going from the uci down though navigation on the uci site may be on par with conversing in Bolivia

kayak23

I’d spotted them while googling (all you really get is world’s most dangerous road

Incidentally, it really isn’t.. It’s basically a fairly wide fireroad with very little traffic on it(these days)
    Stunningly beautiful yes, highly dangerous?, not so much..

smashit
    Free Member

I worked for Gravity Bolivia for several years, and a few of the local staff are ex-national level racers so definitely worth contacting them (eljefe@gravitybolivia.com will get you to the boss, say Matt sent you).

Though a quick google in Spanish gets: http://federacionbolivianadeciclismo.blogspot.co.uk/
    Its a bit rough but we’re not talking about first world budgets here!

Hope that helps.

smashit
    Free Member

Actually, I missed that you are after DH results. The Gravity team is one of the most active DH teams in the country so just give them a shout. I don’t think the ‘national’ DH races have an umbrella organisation, just a rough agreement between ‘clubs’ in various areas!

ransos
    Free Member

Stunningly beautiful yes, highly dangerous?, not so much..

A woman plunged to her death the day before I rode it. It would be fair to say we all paid careful attention to the safety briefing…

fergal
    Free Member

Can’t see how it is dangerous on a bike, on an overloaded local bus, a different story.
    ps. I once descended the death road in a 4×4 with altitude sickness in a hurry to loose 3000m, totally oblivious to its reputation at the time.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Surely the Nurburgring would be a more dangerous road? Especially on a bicycle 🙂

Northwind

Cheers folks! Very helpful

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Any bolivians in the house? Or people who know anything about bolivian racing?’ is closed to new replies.