Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 493 total)
  • So an On One Codiene just fell onto my doormat…
  • plus-one

Quick blast and all good 😀

Proper ride on Sunday I can’t wait..

31.4lbs as pictured

image by Plus one2010, on Flickr

Reckon once I set up tubeless fit new bars be closer to 30lb ..

Feels solid and well put together and rolls nicely ..

Any news on base tunes Brant ?

Rorschach
    Free Member

The stock set up is’nt a million miles away. bit too lively so upped the lsr and tbh it pedals so well you can back the lsc off quite a bit. Will give it a kicking tonight on a couple of DH tracks to set the high speed stuff. Got a float to try as we’ll.

rollsroyce
    Free Member

By the stock setup rorschach, do you mean as the shock came or the setup on the card for the el guapo 29? What amount if sag are you running?

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

plus one, is that a Med, and how tall are you? Am 6′ but with short legs/long body and toying with the idea of one of these (or maybe the Codeine 650B when it’s announced) but it looks properly short. Reach is 40mm shorter than my current medium Pitch, which feels short enough as it is. Don’t have the leg length for a Large!

plus-one

Rorschach… Be good to hear what settings you end up with… I just set mine up as per El guapo base tune I’m not really a knob twiddler 😆

I’d rather just get a happy medium with settings and leave it 🙂

I’m 5″11 66 kgs

plus-one

Yes Medium.. I’m all legs with shorter torso.. Feels bang on for me.. Guess you could try a longer stem ?

Whereabouts are you ?

gamerriley
    Free Member

@idiotdogbrain, I have a medium, I’m 6ft with short legs but long body so I had mine with a 70mm stem fitted which is a nice happy medium I think. Tried a shorter stem in the past on bikes and found them just to “twitchy” Or maybe it’s because i’m old and my reactions are getting slower 😀 Been out on mine today and can confirm that the saddle is awful 🙁 The good news is the est of the bike puts a massive smile on your face, it’s ace.

gamerriley
    Free Member

Who’s ‘she’?

The one I ride 😉

JoeG
    Free Member

gamerriley – Member

Who’s ‘she’?

The one I ride

^ smurfette ^ 😆

gamerriley
    Free Member

Something that I’ve just noticed, if you look at the on one website at the codeine it is shown with a X01 crankset, but the bike I got gets the cheaper and heavier X1 crankset… So I had a look at the original order that was sent through from planet x and it doesn’t even state the crankset or type. Only when they send me through the order again at a later date does it specify X1. Checking the spec on the website also states X1, but that could have been changed last week for all I know. Have on one been a bit cheeky here and showing us a bike that we don’t fully get? Thoughts? Brant?

somouk
    Free Member

The poster on the first page of this thread that states a spec shows as the X01 groupset, I’d presume that to mean it should have the X01 cranks too.

gamerriley
    Free Member

The poster on the first page of this thread that states a spec shows as the X01 groupset, I’d presume that to mean it should have the X01 cranks too.

Yep that poster shows the XO1 crankset being advertised, but the bike you get comes with the money saving but heavier X1 crankset. I think there’s a case here.

gamerriley
    Free Member

From the website,

“A flagship frame like this needs a partner in crime, and we’re not settling for anything less than SRAM X01 1×11 transmission. The Codeine doesn’t run a front mech, why? Because we didn’t want it to. Instead we focus on the innovations that have transpired recently in chainguide-free, one-up-front gearing. That’s where SRAM and X01 come into things, it’s about as simple as performance gearing gets, and exactly what you need on the trails, with a ratio that can climb walls and enough top-end bite to propel you through and beyond any line”

Seems like you have settled for something less, X1

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Spec list has shown X1 crankset each time I’ve looked at it – I’m guessing there’s a significant cost saving for the 150g weight gain.

brant
    Free Member

The spec on the website has always been X1.
    I’m sorry if anyone feels deceived.

plus-one

The cheeky buggers !!!! I never even noticed !!! I was wooed by the bright lights and razzmatazz 🙁

That 150g will get mine under 30lb make it happen Brant 😆

iolo
    Free Member

If you look on the first page of this thread I queried whether or not you got what was advertised on the photo a few posts above mine. That clearly shows X01 groupset.
    Why all of a sudden does X1 come as X01?
    Deceived is not what I would call it. I specifically asked a question and got a direct answer. That answer was incorrect and people placed orders based on incorrect information

STATO
    Free Member

Its funny, the first couple of pages were asking if the spec was correct for the price but it obviously wasnt. Sure Brant posted a spec list on page 2 but apparently page 2 has malware so my browser wont open it, peculiar.

STATO
    Free Member

Though (just thinking out loud) was X1 released when the Codine ad came out? could it be they knew it was getting X1 but couldnt show it until it was released?

Rorschach
    Free Member

(I got one.It’s a bit good.)

chrishc777
    Free Member

Spec list posted by branton page 2 states X01 chainset, I don’t own a Codeine by the way. My 456 is just fine!

davosaurusrex

You can dress that up any way you like and even with a legal small print get out people have been deceived. If I’d bought one it would leave a sour taste.

skellnonch
    Free Member

Nice bit of kit, wants!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

from page 2 of thread

Brant – Member
    On-One Codeine 29er Frame
    Rockshox Pike RCT3 140mm Solo Air / Tapered / 29 Inch with 15mm Axle / Diffusion Black / Crown Adjust
    Cane Creek Double Barrel Air / Black / 190mm / 50mm / 22.0mm Front 22.4mm Rear x 8mm
    Rockshox Rear Maxle Lite / 142mm x 12mm / Black
    On-One Smoothie Mixer Tapered Headset 1 1/8 inch – 1.5 inch / Black / Mix Tapered
    On-One TECH Series CNC Quick Release Seatclamp / 34.9 mm / Black
    On-One Spacer Set 20+15+10+5 / 1 1/8 inch / Black
    Groupset
    SRAM X01Chainset / 170mm / 30T / Black-GXP
    SRAM X01 Rear Mech / 11 Speed / Black
    SRAM X01 Cassette / 11 Speed / 10-42T
    SRAM X0 Trigger Shifter / 11 Speed / Right Hand / Black
    SRAM XX1 11 Speed Chain / 118 Links
    Avid X0 Trail Brakes / Front / 900mm / 20 Post To Post / Black
    Avid X0 Trail Brakes / Rear / 1800mm / 20 Post To IS / Black
    Avid HS1 Rotor / 160mm / 6 Bolt
    Avid HS1 Rotor / 180mm / 6 Bolt
    Avid MMX Matchmaker Clamp / Left
    Avid MMX Matchmaker Clamp / Right
    Finishing Kit
    El Guapo Corto Stem / 35mm / Black
    El Guapo Ancho Flat Handlebars / 760mm / Black /
    Rockshox Reverb 125mm Drop Seatpost / 31.6mm / 420mm / Black / Left 1500mm
    Planet X Sportive Ultra Saddle / CroMo Rail / Black and Grey
    On-One Half Bob Lock-On Grips / Black
    Wheelset
    Pacenti TL28 Rim / 29 Inch / 28mm / 32 Hole
    Pacenti TL28 Rim / 29 Inch / 28mm / 32 Hole
    SRAM X0 Hub / Front / 15mm Axle / Black and Red / Without Axle
    SRAM X0 Hub / Rear / 12mm Axle / Black and Red / Without Axle
    On-One 29″ MTB Inner Tube / 2.1-2.2 / Presta / 40mm
    On-One 29″ MTB Inner Tube / 2.1-2.2 / Presta / 40mm
    On-One Chunky Monkey 29″x2.4″ Tyre / Enduro / Folding Bead / Single 50a / Black
    On-One Smorgasbord 29″x2.25″ Tyre / Trail Extreme / Folding Bead / Dual 60/42a / Black

Posted 2 months ago # Report-Post

in response to repeated “can you confirm spec” posts from iolo.

Shandy
    Free Member

Some of you have far too much time on your hands.

sandwicheater

It’s an advertising photo. Just like almost every other advertising photo be it bike/car etc, they show it with the bestestest stuff/top spec. Buyer beware, don’t assume. It’s still great value.

Plus one, how was your first spin? Really tempted by this bike.

gamerriley
    Free Member

When you’ve just spent £2500 of your hard earned money on a bike that was stated as having X01 groupset you’ve got all the time in the world. It’s a shame that the people who pre-ordered the bike, that never had a chance to look at the bike other than the pictures on the on one website, and have questioned the spec on here, are being dooped. As I said, my original order came through with no crankset, so with what had been answered on here (see above) and the pictures on the site, I assumed X0, like everybody else. 😥

gamerriley
    Free Member

BTW, I called on one/Planet X yesterday….awaiting their response today.

iolo
    Free Member

I was quite amazed they could supply the bike as shown in the advertising photo for that price. I asked not once but several times if the X0 spec bike shown would be the one supplied for £2499. The answer was yes and a spec list was even provided clearly detailing what cranks were included in the build.
    Check the next big thing as their next bike will be advertised with full xtr on the billboard pictures and cone with Alivio.

Shandy
    Free Member

You should probably return the bikes. Just tell them Pikes, Reverb, CCDB, and most of an X01 groupset is all well and good but the crank was a dealbreaker.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Buyer beware, don’t assume.

They didnt, they asked the designer of the bike and he confirmed it.

Youre posting on an internet forum during office hours.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’m posting whilst having a poo (Ill Instagram it later) at work.

gamerriley
    Free Member

You should probably return the bikes. Just tell them Pikes, Reverb, CCDB, and most of an X01 groupset is all well and good but the crank was a dealbreaker.

You never bought one then?

Shandy
    Free Member

Or maybe you could get the guy on here and call him a conman a few more times because he gave you his best guess on something two months ago.

brant
    Free Member

brant – Member
    The spec on the website has always been X1.
    I’m sorry if anyone feels deceived.
    POSTED 15 HOURS AGO #

gamerriley
    Free Member

Here’s a free picture to use on the website.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

repeating it doesnt make it a better answer. The photo showed it with X01, potential buyers asked if that was the case, and you posted the spec list which showed X01.

A simple explanation (we couldnt get it in at that price with X01 etc) might appease disgruntled purchasers. What alternative did you have – lose the Reverb, swap the CCDB for a lower spec shock? Most people appreciate that P-X/O-O offer bargains and tend to be “up front” with their customer base. The crank downgrade wouldnt put me off buying it if I was in the market, but if I’d received it specced differently it might sour the new-bike-purchase experience.

variflex
    Free Member

Spec on website is X1. Doesnt really matter what the picture is to be honest as I bet the T&C’s relate to the written spec when you press the order button.

Give them a break, its a cracking deal as it and Im now even warming to the colour blue…which I never thought I would.

njee20
    Free Member

Spec on website is X1. Doesnt really matter what the picture is to be honest as I bet the T&C’s relate to the written spec when you press the order button.

As said though, people specifically asked, and were told it was X01, it’s not just the picture. I agree with CTM.

gamerriley
    Free Member

Misrepresentation Act 1967.

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 493 total)

The topic ‘So an On One Codiene just fell onto my doormat…’ is closed to new replies.