Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Any blogspot users having problems?
  • andrewh
    Free Member

Had a few issues with it yesterday, took ages to upload a post. It would let me type in the html bit but not in the normal compose bit and as I know virtually nothing about html it took a while. Eventually sorted. Only edited the post though, didn’t go anywhere near the code for the template.
    When I look at it today the side bar has moved down to the bottom; the search button, sponsors links and popular posts bit are supposed to be on the right hand side. The template shows them still there and when I go into design and the ‘live on blog’ bit comes up they are on the right there. Looked at it on two computers and getting the problem with both.
    Any thoughts? Just me or is the BlogSpot site having problems?
    Link here
    http://www.andrewhowett.blogspot.co.uk/
    Thanks

scotroutes

Just had a look at your blog. Search, popular posts, sponsors ads are all on the RHS. It’s only the “Share” options that are on the bottom

andrewh
    Free Member

Cheers Scot, that’s how it should be.
    I wrote the above on my work computer, didn’t look right there or on my colleague’s. On my home one now and it still looks odd. Mobile version seems fine though. Most peculiar.

scotroutes

Different browsers? I was looking at it on Chrome (Version 29.0.1547.62 m)

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

If you use an ipad at all, try blogsy app. Much better interface than blogspot, posts straight to your blog.

andrewh
    Free Member

Good thought Scott, I’ve got Internet Explorer 10. No ipad though nobeer.
    *scurries off to see if I can download firefox and try it on that*

scotroutes

Yep – borked in IE10

andrewh
    Free Member

All’s well in Firefox. If you can’t get it in IE either it looks like you have found the problem. Thanks.
    Audience this month is using
    31% Chrome
    30% Internet Explorer
    14% Firefox
    12% Safari
    rest: others, some of which I’ve never heard of before.
    So it only looks rubbish to just under a third of my audience. Better than all of them anyway.
    Anyone know how to sort that out?

andrewh
    Free Member

http://www.blogxpertise.com/2012/10/internet-explorer-9-blogger-website-problem.html
    Hmmm. No idea what he’s on about but sounds promising. I’ll have a go at it after dinner.

scotroutes

Wanna check mine for me?

andrewh
    Free Member

Looks good to me Scot, very nice site. Love the picture of the bridge. Recognise a lot of the other places too. I miss living up north 🙁
    (link in his profile if anyone else wants to have a look at it)

andrewh
    Free Member

It works!
    And I appear to have done it without messing up the Firefox version either.
    Many thanks Scotroutes, couldn’t have done it without you.
    PS forgot to say above, tried yours in both IE and Firefox, all good.

scotroutes

Ta. I was out at the pub when I suddenly had the thought that I hadn’t looked at mine in any other browsers.

http://www.blog.scotroutes.com

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Any blogspot users having problems?’ is closed to new replies.