Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Any 2012 Yeti 575 owners on here? Potential purchaser asks…
  • Deveron53
    Free Member

Just looking at headtube dimensions on Yeti site. says 44 upper 56 lower – does that mean I can get a 1.5 inch steerer through it?

I’m 6′ 3″, large or Xlarge?

I had a 2007 575, was a bit flexy at the back, what’s the 2012 like?

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Not sure if they have the same “chip” system the big tops + ASR5’s have which means you can bung a 142 axle in there?

MrFannay
    Free Member

NO….. it means you can use tapered steerer.

I’ve got the 2011 575 still the same as the 2012 and the rear end is very stiff with the 142×12 axle. Ran the normal QR for 10 months and the bigger axle is an improvement. Not a vast one as it was pretty flexless with the QR IMHO

getonyourbike
    Free Member

The guy above’s talking shit. You can get a 1.5″ steerer tube through but you’ll need a semi-integrated headset cup in the bottom and an external one in the top.

campfreddie
    Free Member

one thing to bear in mind is that i am pretty sure the frame warranty went from 5yrs (2011) to 2yrs (2012). my asr5 is a 2011 and has 5yrs, but if you look at the yeti website, the new frames are somewhat less.

might be worth sniffing out a 2011 frame if this is important to you (it would have to be new as Yeti warranties are not transferrable).

Deveron53
    Free Member

Can anyone tell me what the rear end of the 2011 575 is made of and is it carbon flex or alu flex? Rutland have got XL 2011s for quite a good price. (Them and CRC carved up Evolution’s remainder stock obviously…)

rockitman

I’m 6′ 6″ and I have an Xl 575. Only bike that’s ever truly fit me properly. Never seen a large, all depends if you like bigger or smaller bikes

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Any 2012 Yeti 575 owners on here? Potential purchaser asks…’ is closed to new replies.