Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Any 130-140 travel 26'' Tapered forks on close out
  • chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Just noticed I’ve terminally cracked a Fox 32 Float open bath f$$k-n-bugger after a wee nose down bottom out landing and ejector seat moment (was thinking of taking up dirt jumping what could possibly go wrong). Yeah so the fork lowers are toast, replacements 200 quid, any cheapish other options of similar quality?

Nil pois trolling with Sektors 🙄

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Bump for the evening, seen as I posted it stupid late last night.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Can’t find any open baths secondhand. CTD ones are supposed to be shite aren’t they?

mboy
    Free Member

EDIT: sorry didn’t read your comment about Sektors… They are a good fork though and I do have one for sale! 😉

chestrockwell

Ctd ones are fine. Not as good as pikes but perfectly fine and better than sektors. From what I understand the older ctd’s in evolution spec are open bath, factory and performance fit cartridge.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

@chestrockwell – Yeah I was under the impression the older non CTD damper was preferred by the majority and the 2013 CTDs had problems (I don’t want to take a backward step). Only had a quick blast on a bike with CTD shocks (think it was 2014) but higher spec, so no real surprise it was better.

Secondhand theres plenty of CTD damped forks i.e. peeps getting rid of them, but I couldn’t find any pre 2013 models!

nixie

Have you seen any 150mm or 160mm forks while you have been looking?

chestrockwell

You’ll be fine with CTD’s if you’re used to Fox. Just try to get Performance or Factory spec.

I had some 2014 Sektors and now have 2014 CTD Performance. The Fox are miles better.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Do they have to be new? I’ve got a set of barely used Revelation RC-Ti (or TI-RCT, or whatever it was) in the garage? Not tapered, but do have a 1.5″ crown race fitted. Built the bike, used it a few times and never really fell in love with it.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Zocchi 350CRs are going cheap on crc, can be dropped to 140 and work fine with 26″. Bit burlier and heavier than 32s though so depends what bike they’re going on

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies, decided to do a fork swap from another bike for now, while I mull over which one gets the SH one, cash flow extremely tight at moment bad timing as always.

Lesson learnt no need to peddle an already steep roll in and transition to completely clear a tabletop endo landing into the next tabletops transition. Although my disappearance down a rocky embankment in a cloud of dust did cause some amusement, shame it’s not on camera!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Any 130-140 travel 26'' Tapered forks on close out’ is closed to new replies.