• This topic has 167 replies, 109 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by _tom_.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 168 total)
  • What music do you absolutely, completely and utterly despise?
  • binners

Just asking because Mrs Binners, despite being a woman of obvious good taste, has taken control of the sound system. Never a good thing.

She has, in her infinite wisdom, decided to play….

A) ****ing awful 80’s hair-rock, played by people who took Spinal Tap as an instruction manual

B) Country music. Really really ****ing awful country music (is there any other sort?) …. Shania Twain, Dixie Chicks, all that absolutely dreadful shite.

She’s probably just doing it to wind me up. I loath both with a passion I normally only reserve for Tory cabinet members.

What type of music would you rather hacksaw your own ears off than listen too? Could it be worse than this?

Feel free to launch into a tirade as to why….. GO!……

Ro5ey
    Free Member

James

Reminds me of a complete berk, who loved them

Sorry not a type

Oh yeah … Jazz

and Eric Clapton.

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

ABBA and Westlife. Both favourites of the Mrs.

specky4eyes
    Free Member

Tamla Motown

xherbivorex
    Free Member

80s/90s british indie pop.
    techno/rave/more or less any dance music.
    reggae.
    maroon5/coldplay/any beige tripe like those. music for people who don’t like music.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Jazz.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Dunno what ‘genre’ it is but a lot of what prisoners play. Sounds like fairground music but faster?. Utter talentless shite.
    Any boy or girl ‘band’ (not bands at all as none of them have any musical talent & probably couldn’t play a chord on a recorder)

Mackem

Flamenco – it’s just someone shouting and stomping.

duntstick
    Free Member

Petshopboys everything they ever did, everything they ever done it was sh,,,,t

bigblackshed

Anything to come out of the Madchester scene. Awful durge.

Indie shoe gazing bollocks. Eg The Smiths.

Modern jazz. Sounds like four musicians who couldn’t decide which song to play, so they all played a different one.

richmars

Any modern stuff. It was all better 20 years ago.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

jazz and reggae in no particular order.. I think Mrs Binners is letting you off lightly.. it could be a lot worse.

Think live acoustic Florence and OMI without auto tune.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Most modern RnB.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

The ‘Jeremy Kyle’ just dont give a sh- I’ll just pick lyrics from a rhyming dictionary piped dross which is played in the 99p Store.

the-muffin-man

Lulu

chvck
    Free Member

There are very few genres of music that I can’t find something to enjoy in but RnB is one that I just cannot.

MrSmith
    Free Member

misogynist/cop killing rap and the strange arm movements that accompany it.
    Mainstream country music like Garth Brooks.
    Coldplay.

edhornby

brass bands
    the people that play in brass bands (having seen far too many at university) view their music as a competitive sport where prizes are distributed for technical complexity – so the pieces are written to fulfil this requirement (known as test pieces) that are truly tuneless emotionless toss. I heard a story about a band that spent an hour practicing the removal of a mute within a 3 beat rest because the piece dictated so and the band thought this was great….

barbershop
    because the music is trite and it gets very boring somewhere around the second piece of music

anything that involves a ukelele (and please don’t put a link up to the polynesian guy singing over the rainbow, it’s not that great)

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Yup…Coldplay. Why. Can’t. they. Just. Stop.

Gangsta Rap….innit. 🙂

mikey74
    Free Member

RnB and drum n bass.

tyrionl1
    Free Member

Jazz, it’s musical epilepsy.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Shouty screamy sepultura type shite.

The smiths.

john_drummer
    Free Member

ABBA. Boy bands / girl bands. Capital FM. So-called RnB. Pet Shop Boys. maroon 5. Oasis. Disco.
    Twee indie bands being twee for twee’s sake.
    Dreary country music e.g The Nashville Sound

I think that’s it. Can’t say I’ve heard enough jazz to make an opinion

vickypea
    Free Member

Any of the Mariah Carey wannabe types, warbling over every note.
    Not overly keen on jazz but I wouldn’t go as far as to say I despise it.

martinhutch

Have to change radio channel as soon as I hear the intro for this one. Utter whiny dirge.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY[/video]

There seem to plenty of these atonal bedwetter type tracks out there at the moment, but none greater than this.

deluded
    Free Member

Dubstep – sounds like a Transformer malfunctioning or being otherwise interfered with against their will.

Hateful*

*subjective and all that.

EDIT + Reggae, Blues, Jazz, SKA, R&B, Soul.

loddrik
    Free Member

Most ‘guitar’ bands bore me to tears.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Metal music, especially metal music which considers itself artistic or melodic.

Houns

Metal, Rock, indie. Most stuff with a guitar

Brass bands

Bagpipes

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Prog rock and anything either side of it – any tune that requires you to take annual leave to listen to it has lost the point.

Also, Morrisey, the music is fine, Jonny Marr is ace but that self absorbed Manc moany **** needs to get a blow job or some Prozac.

Harry_the_Spider

Elton.
    ####ing.
    John.

BoardinBob

Opera

Musically its great,but the sound of the female singers is just the worst sound of all time. Just horrific. The wife dragged me to the Verona opera festival a few years ago. Worst experience of my life.

wolly
    Free Member

Why all the reggae hate?

Mackem

Isnt all Reggae the same tune? If you dont like that one, then you wont like any of it.

colournoise

Jazz, jazz and jazz.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Jazz isn’t music, it’s just a series of notes randomly played on a variety of instruments and appreciated by people too afraid to shout that the King has no clothes.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

I hate all music dont complain about humans causing global bloody warming when you listen to music.

chakaping
    Free Member

How can you hate ska? It’s the cheeriest music this side of easy listening.

Personally I like to think I’m open minded, but I really struggle with smoove R&B, 1990s-onwards.

jam-bo

Samba.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Jazz isn’t music, it’s just a series of notes randomly played on a variety of instruments and appreciated by people too afraid to shout that the King has no clothes.

Come back when you’ve listened to Kind of Blue by Miles Davis.

For me, The Beatles. Yes, really. Apart from the rockier stuff so much of their output strikes me as utter drivel. “We all live in a yellow submarine”. Well bully for you, you dull, drug addled loons.

Oh, and The Smiths. And Abba. And silly screachy death/doom metal idiocy.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 168 total)

The topic ‘What music do you absolutely, completely and utterly despise?’ is closed to new replies.