Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Any 10 UTB updates?
  • weaver
    Free Member

excellent ride Grieg, well done. Hardcore going out on that 12th lap. I came in with a few minutes to go but had already decided that i wasnt heading out on a 12th lap.

weeble
    Free Member

Anyone know when the results will be up? I did 8 laps solo
    And enjoyed ever one, I rode the last two laps with next to no brakes. Biig thanks to the marshals especially as people have already pointed out the guy towards to end just after the bridge and short hill and the lads on the final
    Section.
    Well done on the 12 laps

Diane
    Free Member

12 laps is very impressive indeed!

bigdonx
    Free Member

12 laps is quite an achievement – I’m impressed. Managed 6 here, timewise could have fitted another one in, but bike needed new rear pads and an extra 1 1/2 hours in the pub, at that point, seemed like a much better prospect.

As mentioned above the guttery bits were more or less rideable if you got a clear run at them, but any traffic and they were horrendous. The really wet bit was taken out on my second last lap, and both were out on the last lap which was a nice way to finish – although had no rear brake for the last lap which made it a wee bit more intersting.

Must admit, wet and cold as it was I enjoyed it, well I say enjoyed – I think it’s one of those things that you endure for 1 day of the year, and enjoy for the other 364……… 🙂

chrisdb
    Free Member

especially as people have already pointed out the guy towards to end just after the bridge and short hill and the lads on the final section.

Totally agree – totally powered up that short hill every lap with his encouragement!

Positions/Times are up. http://www.nofussevents.co.uk/event/10-Under-The-Ben/1805/

Pretty awesome doing 12 laps solo in that weather – great effort – only two laps over an hour!

Pretty chuffed with my 77th to be honest!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

head on collision with a tree which dented the helmet, knocked me off my bike and gave me a sore ear. lap

Brilliant effort Greig.

What happened to the tree?

radoggair
    Free Member

6th overall in all categories 🙂 and under 30 mins for 1st lap. Tree was fine, it wobbled i’m sure or maybe it was my eyesight as i collapsed

pixelmix
    Free Member

Thanks for posting that Chris.

12 laps is indeed impressive. Rob and Rob were flying in the pairs too. Pleased with our 21st placing in the pairs. Lap times confirm that back to back laps at the end was hard work on the legs though. Think my teammate probably had the right idea in hanging up his bike after our 8th lap.

stevemtb
    Free Member

Results are indeed in and one lap less than we managed. Not sure what’s happened as all the times look right, think it’s just missed the last one. Sure the timing mat bleeped as I crossed the line and it was about 15 to 20 minutes before the final cut off. Was in the van getting changed when they announced the finish line closing so 100% sure it should have counted. 😕

Never mind I suppose, wasn’t exactly in the running for a good position but a bit hacked off that the effort that went into the last lap (running for a few miles with a puncture) never got counted. 😥

stevemtb
    Free Member

Actually now that I’ve downloaded a fresh copy the last lap is there, please ignore my previous moan! Looks like I’ve hit the spacebar or something on my keyboard to blank out the last time, oops!

Phil_H

I seem to be missing a lap too.
    Not that it makes much difference

bruneep

One less lap for me as well 😕

Could’ve made all the difference between wining………….. mibbe not.

cupra
    Free Member

Same here. No big deal, I only did 4 but it only shows 3. Hey ho, go back next year and do better. 😆

Northwind

We “lost” a lap last year but contacted No Fuss and they checked the manual records and reinstated it, raising us from about 1000th to 999th.

Top.Dog
    Free Member

70th for me, and happy with that.

As has been said, big bloke in the orange jacket on the wee hill after the bridge was a ledge, as were the young ones on the boardwalk at the end.

See you all next year

wonnyj
    Free Member

One of our team’s laps didn’t get logged meaning that we lost a lap and one lap was measured at over 2hrs. Also we would have got a podium if it had been counted.

I thought that perhaps one of my laps hadn’t been counted as I didn’t get off my bike quick enough through transition?

cupra
    Free Member

Any one got any pics? I didn’t take any :(.

chrisdb
    Free Member

Cleaned my bike and kit last night.

Half Leanachan forest is now down my drain and my bike is shagged!

Serious TLC required!

bruneep

Yes I’m dreading the shopping list mine is needing, when I get round to looking at it.

iomnigel
    Free Member

9 lap solo here, Niner Air 9 Carbon Rigid. Brilliant day and a brilliant job done by all the marshals. The bloke after that short hill after the boardwalk and the young uns near the end were ace fun and the banter always cheered me up.

I lost middle ring on lap 2 and rode the remainder of the race in “big ring” (2 x 10 so big isnt that big – 38 tooth) until the last lap where the water had cleaned all and I could return to little ring for a much needed grind (literally) up the climbs.

Had some good banter with other riders, but a lot looked miserable and cream crackered..

The mud section after the auction was ace, as was the descent before it. Although I was wary of the marshal’s position in case it all went pete tong. I found the best place to be in that muddy section was in the puddles, not round the edges, knowing that the new river on the single track after would clean the bike!

Rode all on lap 1 and lap 2, but gave up in the “muddy sections” and the hill of doom from then on as energy exertion and danger levels a lot lower walking than attempting to ride. (for me in any case)

Best bits for me were the really technical sections where I thought I would struggle with the rigid niner, but in actual fact the super precision of the front end and the big wheels overcame any issues. The big rocky descent at the end of the lap was ace fun. The rock/wood steps into the big granite slab at the end of the first bit of singletrack was also great.

Lost back brake after lap 8 and did lap 9 without it. Worry at the speed of the guys at the front “…..didnt need a lot of braking…..”. Absolute biking heroes.

Thanks No Fuss, ace event.

Nigel

richmtb

[/quote]The bloke after that short hill after the boardwalk and the young uns near the end were ace fun and the banter always cheered me up.

Yeah he was great. One my last lap when I was feeling particularly miserable he said “Oh there you are 264 I was worried about you!”

I have to say I didn’t enjoy the event as much as last year (maybe because it wasn’t my first time) the course definitely felt more up than down and there was too much fireroad but there was still a really good atmosphere both on the course and in the car park.

If I do another 10 next year I might try one of the other events

stevemtb
    Free Member

Nigel (imonigel) – take it that you in the big motorhome in the area over the track near the transition area, especially once I realised what the IOM part must stand for!! I was one of the guys from the caravan next to you (the only one still going after 5 hours!!)

Lovely looking bike and impressive the way you kept going lap after lap. Great effort! Cheers to you and your mate for the words of advice at the start!

iomnigel
    Free Member

Yep, that was us in the motorhome. Cheers for giving me the encouragement “your 25 minutes up on yer mate” – made my day 🙂 Never got that cup of coffee or any bacon sarnies…

stevemtb
    Free Member

Well the bacon sarnies were all mine! Not getting your hands on one of them!!

Not sure what happened to the cups of coffee, the order went into the chef but don’t remember them being passed out – I’ll have a word and make sure he does better next time!!!

Did offer you the use of the pressure washer though, in those conditions I thought that was FAR better than a wee bacon roll (I’m lying to ease my guilty concience, the bacon roll was awesome!). 😀

pixelmix
    Free Member

Think I chatted to to you early on Nigel. I presume you were on the orange niner? I rode alongside for a bit along the bottom firetack section, but you stopped shortly afterwards to fettle your gears.

Good effort with 9 laps!

iomnigel
    Free Member

Tangerine not Orange 🙂

Fettle = pull the chain back down from above the chainstay….

DickBarton

Cupra…were you in the black Ibiza Cupra? Near the end of the course just before the last climb at the transition area? If so I was parked up about 3 cars away from you…

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Any 10 UTB updates?’ is closed to new replies.