• This topic has 60 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Anti- Take That!
  • DezB
    Free Member

For god’s sake is there anyone else on here who’s wife/girlfriend/daughter would not go and see Take frickin That??

Please make me feel better now that the whole of my office have got excited that someone’s got through to the website.

Argh!

domino

It would be one of my worst nightmares, and I am a wife (well girlfriend) and daughter.

Rickos
    Free Member

Mrs. Rickos loved them before Robbie rejoined. Now she refuses to go and see them again until he’s gone.

zokes
    Free Member

Mine for starters. Lets hope it lives up to the expectations of MJ’s spectacular comeback tour…

DezB
    Free Member

Thank you Domino! I knew all women couldn’t have such moronic taste!

simonralli2
    Free Member

Actually I went to see their first tour as a 4 piece just after Robbie left. It was really very good. I think you should go to one of their concerts before rushing to be so rude!!!

the-muffin-man

My wife and I are off to see Biffy Clyro next – no-way you’d get her at a Take That gig.

DezB
    Free Member

Actually I went to see their first tour as a 4 piece just after Robbie left. It was really very good. I think you should go to one of their concerts before rushing to be so rude!!!

Never has someone communicated to me such nonsense. (phew, I was polite)

McHamish
    Free Member

My wife loves take that, but hates Robbie.

Which is good news for me as she doesn’t want their new album which means I don’t have to listen to it in the car.

plumber
    Free Member

I would without doubt go if some one had a free ticket

A show like that with the logistics would be incredible to witness

Quite some of their songs too

Plum

AdamW
    Free Member

On our intranet there are now hoards of people WHO USE CAPS A LOT screaming “I want a TT ticket!”. Strangely enough the one straight after it said “I *need* a TT ticket!”. I think the first has taken the latter’s family as hostages and the ransom are tickets.

For interest only – are they doing security stuff so people can’t sell on their tickets?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

DezB – I’m strongly considering your advice on the other thread. So by the end of the evening the answer may well be Yes.

ourmaninthenorth

My wife and I are off to see Biffy Clyro

Hardly the last stand for cultural purity, either.

DezB
    Free Member

Go away plumber. Wrong thread. Music isn’t about f^&%ing LOGISTICS.

That’s the last time I’m nice here! 👿

verses

Zokes, I plan on plagiarising your comment for the rest of the day 🙂

My wife’s last gig was Muse at Wembley Stadium but her next gig is A-ha at Wembley Arena, but under no circumstances would she go see TT… I’ll leave you to make your own verdicts on her music taste…

soobalias
    Free Member

*skims last five or so posts…..*

DezB has the right idea, Wrong Music is the way forward.

DezB
    Free Member

You may laugh Soobalias – I’ve seen DJ Scotch Egg live me. Ah, the logistics …

zokes
    Free Member

Zokes, I plan on plagiarising your comment for the rest of the day

Cheers 🙂

A word of warning though, posting it on your facebook status can upset a lot of people. However, it also outs those who you don’t need to bother speaking to again….

trailmonkey

the amount of money that they’re charging for tickets and the projected profits of £250m are obscene, especially in the current climate.

i actually quite liked them in an ironic guilty pleasure kind of way but now i just think that they’re a bunch of ****s.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Well, I’m a wife and I wouldn’t want to go.
    Saw Robbie a few years back cos a friend had a spare ticket.
    It was OK but I wouldn’t bother a second time.
    Infact, I didn’t know anything about the ticket sales/tour until a couple of facebook friends started kicking off cos they don’t have tickets.

nickc

We’re off to see Elbow in March. When I got the tickets I did a little dance, probably a mere shadow of the type of aerobics the fans of TT are doing when their conformation email comes through. But still, principles the same.

plumber
    Free Member

Des B

I hope that you could tell me which music event you have been to that doesn’t involve logistics.

I’ve seen over 1000 paying gigs in the last 30 years and obviously after that amount of gigs I’ve pretty much seen it all. I also have done lots of sound and light gigs and its that that interests me much more than music these days.

Music is about everything from spirit, talent, inspirition and drugs to the valves in your amp to the air in the lorry drivers tyres.

I think I’ll be the judge of why I would certainly go and see take that given the choice.

Regards

Plum

epicsteve
    Free Member

I was surprised to find my wife tried to get tickets but thankfully she didn’t succeed!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Hm, hordes of brainwashed, deluded, adoring fanatical followers….

…and a logo like this:

I’m just saying, like…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

*must kill Ronan Keeting, must kill Ronan Keeting*

[shakes head] Sorry what was that? [shakes head]

Oh yeah, I’m coming to think that women with TT obsessions are not cool.

Spongebob
    Free Member

The wife actually got 4 tickets yesterday. I’m expected to attend, but might suggest she invites a friend who is a Take That fan.

If I do go, I shall be taking a sick bag for when Williams does the obligatory wounded swan routine (to make all the girls feel sorry for him). So contrived!

It must be tough being married to a very attractive model, having millions and toughing it out living an “A” lister’s lifesytle in Beverly Hills!

Either he needs to stop bullshxtting his fans, or if he really is such a whimp, he needs to MTFU!!

DezB
    Free Member

If I do go

Get off my thread and go join that part time gig-goer that calls himself plumber.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Me me me me me I think they are cr&& and as for their latest song being the best are people deluded! I hated them as a teenager too but then I’ve always been a social outcast 😉

plumber
    Free Member

I love take that

They’re all so pretty

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Plumber it wasn’t a debate about WHY people do or don’t want to go and see Take That it was merely a “who doesn’t give a frig about TT concert” and I’m in that band. Not a slagging off other people’s music tastes, I like Biffy and Muse, but I also like other extremes.
    I’m with you Debz …. oooo I’m glad I didn’t waste 8 hours of my life trying to buy tickets for some older money grabbing haz beans 😉

CountZero

ourmaninthenorth – Member
    My wife and I are off to see Biffy Clyro
    Hardly the last stand for cultural purity, either.

What has “cultural purity” got to do with anything in this context?
    FWIW, I’m not offended by TT and the current hysteria over their ticket sales, it’s not really any different to The Osmonds or David Cassidy or any other pop phenomena. I have zero interest in any current mainstream pop act, I’m more excited about getting tickets for the next Smoke Fairies tour, where there’s a real possibility I’ll actually get to meet and talk to the girls after the gig. I didn’t bother trying for Elbow tickets next year, despite being a huge fan, as I couldn’t afford them and didn’t really want to be in a huge arena, having seen them in 1500-2500 capacity venues for some years.

DezB
    Free Member

No it’s not about “cultural purity” – Munqe-chick’s got it in one throw-away phrase – money grabbing
    That is all they have ever been about (just read the piss-poor lyrics ffs). There’s no art in what they do, just commerce.
    At least Biffy Clyro care about the music they make.

(And, come on Plumber – “pretty”?? Maybe Mark Owen could’ve been called that a few years back)

tron
    Free Member

It’s “mum music” as my lass calls it. You wouldn’t be able to get her into a Take That, Westlife, Ronan Keating, Mick Bubble etc. concert with wild horses.

I cannot believe that apparently sane people in my office, including blokes, were paying > £100 a ticket from internet touts.

ross980
    Free Member

I can’t contain my indifference

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

I’ve got a friend who’s just splashed a grand on tickets for 7 of the shows. Whatever it’s her money. I personally wouldn’t watch them if they played in my back garden, but then she probably wouldn’t go for a bike ride in a muddy field in the rain on a bike that cost a much as a car.

Hairychested
    Free Member

mine will not go as:
    – dislikes the droning of theirs,
    – would need to find public transport to and from the gig,
    – would be ridiculed till the last breath of hers,
    – there is too much cleaning to be done at home (ok, not quite true)

sc-xc

Hm, hordes of brainwashed, deluded, adoring fanatical followers….

…and a logo like this:

I’m just saying, like…

singletrackmind

Did the UK just spend over £60M on tickets to see a pop show that lasts 2 hours?
    Recession , double dip recession , credit crunch, spending cuts and prudence ( ok,ok prudence was the old regime). It all means very little when She absolutely MUST have tickets.
    And the amount of man hours wasted on friday with sickies and people phoning from work / spending hours online trying obtain said tickets.
    I would love to know the stats for the number of ticketss bought on credit. ^^^^^^ Rusty said ” its her money … or is it Visa’s?
    Well done to Take That for engineering a massive media frenzy and raking it in, do the same next year with a farewell 100 date world tour
    and then you can all retire gracefully( hopefully)

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Come on lads, if Fish rejoined Marillion we’d all be the same…oh just me then.

teagirl
    Free Member

Everywhere I go I’m asked by the other Mums, ‘have you got your tickets’, I’d rather eat worms.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Anti- Take That!’ is closed to new replies.