Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anti seize paste do i need it or can i get away with grease ?
  • peasant
    Free Member

Just about to fit bb in new ti frame should i buy paste or will grease do the job ? thanks

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

grease will be fine 🙂

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Grease is ok but I would stripped and regrease every few months as grease tends to wash out. You can by copper slip (motor name for anti seize) very cheaply in a any motor store. I just bought a 500g tub for £8 in wilco. Should keep me going for a few years! Copper grease doesn’t wash out so you can fit and forget.

JoeG
    Free Member

Grease is ok short term, but do it right with anti-sieze compound. Why take a risk with a Ti frame?

skaifan
    Free Member

If its a shimano hollowtech bb, it won’t last long enough to seize.

cynic-al
    Free Member

How does grease wash out but not anti seize?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

No idea but everything I put grease under comes out dry and everything with copperslip comes out with copperlip still on it

JoeG
    Free Member

That may not be the issue, Ti an Al threaded together can lead to galling. If that happend on a threaded BB, it could make removal impossible. Anti-sieze compounds have very fine bits of metal (often copper) and other solid compounds that are supposed to prevent the incompatible metals from making contact and galling. Thus disassembly is not a problem.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anti seize paste do i need it or can i get away with grease ?’ is closed to new replies.