• This topic has 12 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by bails.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anti-climb paint in clothing
  • SaxonRider

My eight year-old son was playing football in the local park and kicked his ball over a neighbour’s wall. Squeezing himself between the gate and the wall, he went in to retrieve his ball, but returned home covered in black, oily paint.

The kit he was wearing has great sentimental value (it was Karpaty Lviv – from Ukraine), and now it is destroyed.

Do you know if there is any way of removing the paint from the clothing?

[And while we’re at it, are there any regulations governing how a private citizen uses anti-climb paint?]

bensales
    Free Member

A solvent like white spirit may do the trick, followed by a normal wash. I assuming it’s a synthetic top though, so it may be a gonner.

Kuco

clicky

I used it on my parents garage roof to stop kids going on their.

vongassit
    Free Member

Brake cleaner , I don’t think solvents come better. Kill or cure.

jonba
    Free Member

Might kill your washing machine as well so be careful.

I’d try a home brew boil wash.

Saccades
    Free Member

wot vongassit said.

grey

Dry-cleaning maybe.

globalti
    Free Member

Wash it in white spirit or diesel then go straight on to detergent and hot water.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Or tell your son not to trespass!

FuzzyWuzzy

I was going to say – I’d be more concerned with teaching your son regulations regarding trespassing rather than see if you can cause an issue with a neighbour using anti-climb paint…

teasel
    Free Member

Indeed. If his son cruises around on his dad’s horse the 2m minimum paint height won’t make any difference anyway…

😉

T1000
    Free Member

1st try vegetable oil, soak it in a bucket 1st then wash by hand using whatever washing detergent ( but use cold water) and expect to repeat many times

bails

I was going to say – I’d be more concerned with teaching your son regulations regarding trespassing

What regulations? It’s a civil matter isn’t it?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anti-climb paint in clothing’ is closed to new replies.