Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 203 total)
  • The South is so much better than the North of England…
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

…it just is in every way nicer people in the South better scenery and just generally better.

Discuss please

yunki
    Free Member

The south west is ace.. I wouldn’t piss on the south east if it were on fire

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Discuss please

Is this the new code for lame troll? 😉

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Slow day under that bridge?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

It’s awful up here, please do yourself a favour and stay away. Please.

Swelper
    Free Member

Northumberland is where it’s at. Thread closed

Frankenstein
    Free Member

This planet is ace.

There are some good and some bad people.

Some parts of the north and south are great and not so great.

Bristol rocks.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

I never stop keep hearing about how great the north is…..

from all the norvun munkies living down here. 😉

MrSmith
    Free Member

Northern troll surely?
    It’s not better just different, though generally it’s yorkshire the north that likes to think it’s better than anywhere else.

jekkyl

where are all the hills?
    &
    based on personal experiences the south east is the most racist part of the country.

colp

I love the way the Southerners leave the near side lane of every motorway free for us northerners

javelin please

MrSmith
    Free Member

UKIP voting map of uk

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

…it just is in every way nicer people in the South better scenery and just generally better.

Do expand on this, I’m genuinely interested.

jekkyl

mrsmith, that map is missing some vital info.
    General election? council election? what year?
    what colour is ukip, coz they only got one seat in the GE.
    or is it like purple = over 20% of vote or something?

slowoldman

We are all the same.

deepreddave
    Free Member

It’s warmer and richer. I think that’s it.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

uphillcursing – Member
    Slow day under that bridge?

Sometimes I feel like I don’t have a partner
    Sometimes I feel like my only friend
    etc.

Great track! 😈

mattyfez

It’s grim up north

slowoldman

For God’s sake stop posting photos of up ‘ere. They’ll come flooding in from down South.

milky1980
    Free Member

From my general experience (as an impartial Welshman):

London: full past bursting point, ignorant and smelly. Good attractions but I just want to get out of there after a day or two.
    England below Birmingham: full, ignorant and obsessed with flaunting wealth or moaning about their lack of wealth.
    England above Birmingham: Lovely countryside and generally welcoming of visitors. The odd pocket of crap but generally fine.

Split a bit like Wales, except we do the split of South Wales/Valleys/The rest of it 😀

Prefer the North of both FWIW, currently living in the South 😕

beej

It’s lovely all over. Lovely in the North, lovely in the South.

Apart from London, that’s a craphole.

A Southerner.

dknwhy

As a londoner, I’d rather live in the north (or Wales actually) for the scenery and outdoor adventure aspect but find that London is extremely diverse and accepting. I’m happy that my kids are growing up in a way that they are able to experience the diversity of London and absorb everything that it brings. I’m 15 minutes on the train to Westminster and don’t go into town enough but on those sunny days when you can be sat at an outside pub on the Thames, there are very few places that I’d rather be.

Drac

Northumberland is where it’s at. Thread closed

This is lies the OP is right.

bruneep

🙄

philxx1975
    Free Member

Yes without a doubt it is anyone that believes this should move there.

jam-bo

Given that ‘the north’ starts just past Exeter, I’m inclined to agree.

thecaptain
    Free Member

Yup it’s crap oop north. Nothing to see, stay away.

brooess
    Free Member

Liverpool-born, Cheshire-bred and been in London for just over half my life and I reckon it’s horses for courses – home is where the heart is and all that.

IME, Northerers are nicer, most of the time and the hills are proper ones but it rains a lot. Cost of living is a lot less but you need two winter bikes as winter lasts from October to April 🙂
    Southerners – plenty of nice ones but keeping up with the Jones is a regional sport so can be harder to get a community feel. My London-based friends can’t manage to hold a conversation about anything without turning to house prices after 60 seconds. They weren’t so bad 10 years ago mind.
    Spring and Summer weather is definitely better down South and sometimes the lack of hills is a blessing. Winter is rubbish when you want to go and play in snow though, although weirdly enough the most deadly avalanche ever in the UK was in Lewes in Sussex when a big dump of snow slid off the South Downs…

hatter

Love where we are, did 75 km on the road bike yesterday with views that made me involuntarily start humming the tune to ‘Jerusalem’ walked out of the front door this morning and took my wee man for a potter in the bluebells but within 40 minutes I can be right in the middle of the greatest city on earth.(that’s be London BTW I said greatest, not nicest)

But then again I also love Snowdonia, the Peaks and the Tweed valley and have friends all over, if you get awy from the concrete 60’s vileness that still infects so many of our towns we actually livevin quite a beautiful country. I’ve travelled s fair bit and I still haven’t found anywhere if rather be.

Some mountains would be nice. But you can’t have everything.

mt
    Free Member

“it’s yorkshire the north that likes to think it’s better than anywhere else.”

What’s this think business, we know.

However we are deluded and it’s proper crap. The weather always bad, the pies are rubbish, the beer much more expensive than that London gnats piss, everything is just terrible. Be advised its much better to stay down there, don’t come up here, we all support UKip and hate you all.

molgrips
    Free Member

Those northerners who think the south is crowded and busy have only visited the wrong places. I’m not a southerner, but I take the time to find the good places wherever I go and there are plenty down South. Just as there are plenty of overcrowded busy unpleasant places up north.

However, having spent extends periods in the South, the weather is definitely much better. Last summer for example I had more or less constant sunshine and dry trails.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I beg to differ on the Northern beer front, I’ll agree Masham (Black Sheep) do some lovely beer but that’s a given. What the North lacks is independent pubs that sell real beer instead of John Smiths piss
    The Bell in R’ogae is the only place for miles and miles that sells a range of local small Brewers ale, the rest of the pubs are Theakston owned and sell water with one hop in it.
    And yes, I’ve scoured the Dales looking for real beer.

The weather is, and normally is,10C colder, wetter and cloudier. It stays Winter for 6 months of the year, you get a day of sunshine and a whole world of rolled up t-shirt, white socks, jeans and either “best” black shoes or freshly washed white trainer wearing brigade hang around looking either solemn or down their noses at normal people.

You also have some of the most selfish and arrogant drivers.

The countrysides nice though, you’ve got some of the most pleasant landscapes found anywhere on the planet.

Edit, you know I ride around the North York Dales (Harrogate etc) so I’m only picking on this bit because I know it so well.

Cougar

What the North lacks is independent pubs that sell real beer

That’s patent nonsense I’m afraid. Even Accrington, the North’s equivalent of Syria, has its own microbrewery. And the Three B’s is just up the road. And there’s Moorhouse’s, Thwaites…

bakey

I live in North Wales, 5 miles from the Clwydians.

It’s lovely.

mrsfry
    Free Member

Furry taps down south and furry kettles

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Cumbria and the Dales are massively overrated. I wouldn’t bother if I were you.

Drac

What the North lacks is independent pubs that sell real beer

No we’ve none of them at all. 🙄

Sandwich

That’s patent nonsense I’m afraid. Even Accrington, the North’s equivalent of Syria, has its own microbrewery. And the Three B’s is just up the road. And there’s Moorhouse’s, Thwaites…

I concur with the assessment of the Dales area, there is a distinct lack of freehouses, they all tend to be tied pubs. The freehouses tend to be shut and boarded up. It was a comment about pubs not breweries, we have a fab diverse brewing tradition in this country. Many of the tied/pubco pubs tend to flout the requirements of the Thatcher beer-order by ‘guesting’ a beer from within their own company. Which is a crying shame.

fasthaggis

Don’t be too hard on the OP, he has a lot of things to worry about.Just check his history,it’s a shame.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Born and bred in the midlands, educated in midlands/Scotland, spent much of my youth in Lakes, married a Northern lass, worked and lived down south

Conclusion: south and north better than the middle!!

Find peace on Loughrigg Fell, Surrey Hils and St Andrews links – we live in a lovely part of the world!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 203 total)

The topic ‘The South is so much better than the North of England…’ is closed to new replies.