Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Another where-to-buy-a-wing-mirror thread…(heated, tinted type)
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Quick note of thanks to whoever hit our wing mirror so hard, that the glass was 20 yards down the road from the car, with the plastic cover another 20 yards beyond that 😡 Thankfully, the plastic cover is somehow unscathed apart from impact scratches, as is the main body.

It’s bodged back together at the moment but I’m tired of seeing four or five of the same car in the driver’s WM. The car’s due an MOT and I have a feeling it might fail for this reason.

Anyway, it’s one of those “blue” tinted mirrors – with the glass glued to a moulded plastic assembly. There are also two connectors that take the wires for the heating element. wingmirrorman.co.uk are quoting £25 for the new glass assembly. Is this about right?

donsimon
    Free Member

Get down to your local Brown Brothers and have a word with them, other motor factors may exist too…
    What do you need rear view mirror for anyway? 😈

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Motor factors/scrappies/breakers are proving to be a bit suckie-teethie useless at the moment.

beej

Ebay. Lots of breakers list parts on there.

donsimon
    Free Member

are proving to be a bit suckie-teethie useless at the moment.

That is part of the training I’m afraid and going in as a non trade customer will add to their fun. In what respect? Can’t or don’t want to source it? If it has to be sourced from a dealer, there won’t be anything in it for them or you.

ollie
    Free Member

Ebay. Lots of breakers list parts on there

+1

Got exact replacement myself from there recently.

5lab

£25 seems reasonable, glass-only is normally about a tenner new, so all those gubbins for £15 seems ok. Ebay is the other obvious choice

Harry_the_Spider

I got a new one for The Mighty Vectra off ebay (plastic back and heating element job). Cost about £20 IIRC. A lot cheaper than Vauxhall were asking.

z1ppy

For a really cheap job, if there enough remains of the old heated mirror still in place, just stick one of those sticky replacement mirror from halfords on top it.
    The heating element on the old mirror will heat it enough to clear it on frosty mornings – or does on my focus & has yet to fall off (2 years on).

TuckerUK
    Free Member

I didn’t even know you could still get wing mirrors. 😯

philconsequence
    Free Member

heated wing mirrors?!

oh how the other half live!

konabunny
    Free Member

wing mirrors?!

oh how the other half live!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh bugger off Philly. You racist, STWer email ignoring, dodgy bottom bracket lending, BB fitting toll-less bounder! 🙂

EDIT: wankier marque than that konaBee! 😛

philconsequence
    Free Member

:mrgreen:

i dont even have central locking, that’s how jolly racist i am.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You’re a MASSIVE racist.

philconsequence
    Free Member

dont forget i sometimes dont reply to emails deadly!

i once emailed barnsleymitch and he didnt reply…. cried for months 😆

konabunny
    Free Member

Racists in the rear view mirror are massiver than they appear. 😀

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Another where-to-buy-a-wing-mirror thread…(heated, tinted type)’ is closed to new replies.