Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 261 total)
  • Another war in Gaza
  • Pigface
    Free Member

So here we go again 🙁 how do you stop the cycle of Hamas lobbing rockets at Southern Israel and then the retaliation?

Yes I understand the long standing problems of the area but it just seems so futile.

binners

I was wondering what the cheeky Geordie scamp had been up to now?

Pigface
    Free Member

Oh you git 😆 binners I had to check my spelling then. Phew.

Joe

Drop a massive a-bomb on the middle east.

Jamie
    Free Member

Drop a massive a-bomb on the middle east.

*frowny emoticon*

scaredypants

So here we go again how do you stop the cycle of Hamas lobbing rockets at Southern Israel and then the retaliation?

Easy, just tell the Americans to stop bankrolling Israeli’s bullying of the Palestinians. Perhaps the United Nations could help.

… oh

OK then, wot Joe said. Not too massive though; wouldn’t want to bugger up the oily side of the equation

safi

Deal with the the Zionist untermensch to stop them behaving like the Nazis unless someone can tell us what part the Palestinians played in the holocaust.

chewkw
    Free Member

Does that mean the world population will decrease?

I suggest arming both sides with super doper nuclear maggot atomic bombs … so they can help Dear Leader wipe the mankind from earth.

[ad mode with macho voice on] Mankind, the parasite that needs extermination! [ad mode with macho voice off]

Yes, please start a war and this time makes it the mother of all wars!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Where, oh where, is Kaesae to tell us what to think?

Northwind

Still think the situation would be fundamentally improved if the israelis could bring themselves to stop acting like terrorists. Doesn’t seem to be asking too much.

Both sides are ****s frankly but one side is at least honest about it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

how do you stop the cycle of Hamas lobbing rockets at Southern Israel and then the retaliation?

I would start by trying to see who are the victims here and who are the oppressors as you seem confused.

I would then use International pressure and sanctions to stop them acting illegally, settling land, ignoring UN resolutions and have a word with the US who bank roll it all and enable it.

Northwind neither side is great for sure but Israels version of peace is to encircle their land, stop free movement and keep them oppressed for ever pausing only to smite them with mighty rockets from the air when they get cross- I believe we call this assassination and t generally frowned on. It is never going to lead to peace why can they not see this?

chewkw
    Free Member

What’s with all this talks about oppressors or being oppressed etc …

Mankind are maggots!

Please reduce human population as they are polluting the air Dear Leader breaths in …

😈

Pigface
    Free Member

as you seem confused.

😆 Junkyard you really are the new TJ aren’t you .

I think you will find Hamas has been firing rockets into southern Israel FACT

The victims are the normal people on both sides who are living in fear of something landing on them and going bang.

Joe

The more I work in the region, the more I have completely irrational thoughts that the only solution might well be to annihilate the entire population of the region running from the Mediterranean coast of Lebanon/Israel and ending somewhere off the coast of Bahrain/Qatar.

It’s a silly thing to say (of course) and I don’t actually think that it’s a sensible solution, yet the more time I spend in the Middle East the more I feel that the culture which pervades the entire region is one of utter menace and brutality.

Nothing will or can come good of the Middle East in the next 50 years.

Israel will always assert its right to defend itself, as any other “western” country in the world would also. Palestinians with good cause will continue to fight for what they perceive to be their own land, and the idea of a two state solution is quite silly. If you can bear to look at the issue from both sides (and not just to a STW style…**** the Israelis…**** the Palestinians type of thing) then you will realize that neither side is right, nor is either side wrong and that there is no solution which is satisfactory in the slightest bit to either party…so leave your western logic at home.

Further North in Lebanon and Syria, there will never be an end to sectarianism, as long as Iran and Saudi continue to fight proxy wars in the world.

In most of the rest of the region rising salafism will drive further mindless savagery against anyone who opposes it.

Sad outlook…but think back to this post in 20 years.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Israels version of peace is to encircle their land, stop free movement and keep them oppressed

You do realise what the border between Gaza and Egypt looks like I take it?

chewkw
    Free Member

I think the world should start adding fuel to fire to make Dear Leader’s dream comes true … 😈

Maggots are multiplying like no tomorrow … squash them for fun.

Northwind

Difference is, Egypt actually put their border on the border. There’s a bit of a difference between not being able to freely nip into another country, and not being able to reach your own land because someone built a wall across it, no? Or the water supply that your city relies on?

yossarian
    Free Member

There will only be a negotiated peace that’s worth anything when the yanks stop payrolling the Israeli military and the rest of the international community actually do something about the crimes against humanity that are perpetrated by the state of Israel.

geetee1972
    Free Member

You guys accusing Israel of being the aggressor in this particular round of violence do know that it started with rockets being fired into Israel from Gaza right? There have been over 100 over the last month.

El-bent
    Free Member

You guys accusing Israel of being the aggressor in this particular round of violence do know that it started with rockets being fired into Israel from Gaza right? There have been over 100 over the last month.

I suppose those rockets were fired in retaliation to what Israel did previously?

Round and Round. Of course a cynic would say that this continuous aggro suits Israel’s land grab policies down to a tee.

Northwind

El-bent – Member

I suppose those rockets were fired in retaliation to what Israel did previously?

They might well say they’re in response to what Israel continues to do- illegal settlement, annexation, everyday oppression, etc.

Like I say- both sides are ****s.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

By which measure the people of Cyprus should be happily hammering s*** out of the northern half of the island with rockets and kidnapping and murdering Turkish soldiers?

seosamh77
    Free Member

Another war in Gaza

Pigface – Member your definition of war differs from mine. a blockade with systematic land grabbing and ethic cleansing is war. The palestinians have every right to lob a few rockets into israel in a vain attempt to defend themselves.. The rest of the world should be doing everything we can to protect the palestinian people, but we don’t, we stand by and think it’s ok for the US to fund all the above to the tune of 3 billion a year. It’s disgusting.

There will be no palestinians in the west bank in 30 years time. And god knows what the final designs are on the gaza strip will be.

Pigface
    Free Member

Sneaky edit as first response would be misinterpreted

safi

Are you a stirrer or a Zionist? Do you support other ethnic cleansing?

Pigface
    Free Member

WTF? Is that question aimed at me?

seosamh77
    Free Member

safi

Oops, misinterpreted your initial response to Seosama.

Joe

told ya

Junkyard
    Free Member

Junkyard you really are the new TJ aren’t you .

Why bless you I was always TJ light but now his star has dimmed a few seem to want to add this mantle to me. I have no real opinion but it would be easier to debate the points rather than this witty moniker

I think you will find Hamas has been firing rockets into southern Israel FACT

So Issrael is in no way shape or form oppressing the Plestianians – s this really your view?
    Why did you not read/quote the bit where i accept that both sides do some bad stuff.
    Did you know the black people in South africa did acts of “terrorism” so I assume that apartheid and the polices actions were ok then against these oppressors?

The victims are the normal people on both sides who are living in fear of something landing on them and going bang.

True but no Israel children are growing up without sanitation, running water or schooling. One sides innocent people are considerably more in the shit [ quite literally] than anothers.

Poor old Zulu no one answering your scribbling 😥

seosamh77
    Free Member

Pigface – Member

Sneaky edit as first response would be misinterpreted wasn’t sneaky at all.

I’ll freely admit you only saw the first sentence in my post. i just decided to say a little more and emphasis that the palestinians have lived in a state of war for many years, there is no new war.

Pigface
    Free Member

Junky my dear thing you are a card, please point out to me where I have said anything about the oppression by Israel of Palestinians?

So you understand me and can’t take anything out of context “Israels treatment of the Palestinians is a crime against humanity and utterly inexcusable”

Why have you brought up South Africa and apartheid? Very odd.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I have no real opinion

And yet……

😉

Pigface
    Free Member

No my response was a sneaky edit, as you said to your first sentence.

Dont think I am going to post on this subject again. I know it is emotive but what with being called confused by Junkyard it isnt worth the grief 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

how do you stop the cycle of Hamas lobbing rockets at Southern Israel and then the retaliation?

“Israels treatment of the Palestinians is a crime against humanity and utterly inexcusable”

I think you might stop it by stopping the inexcusable crimes against humanity. In the first you clearly say the palestinians are the cause to which Israel retaliate
    In the second you say Israel acts are inexcusable and crimes against humanity.
    I cant think why I think you are confused 😕

Your banter and attempts to goad are far better than your ability to reason [ though that is indeed damning with faint praise]

Pigface
    Free Member

How about this “How do we stop the cycle of Israel killing Palestinians and them retaliating?

Why would I want to goad you?

BikePawl
    Free Member

So here we go again how do you stop the cycle of Hamas lobbing rockets at Southern Israel and then the retaliation?
    Yes I understand the long standing problems of the area but it just seems so futile.

Marmite.

Not my idea, that De Bono lateral thinking chappie reasoned that unleavened bread was low in zinc.

nim

What doesnt seem to get reported over here i.e. in the UK is the amount of rockets that are fired from Gaza – 760+ since the start of this year and 2500 since 2009. If that were the UK under fire, there’d be uproar.

In terms of Peace, who should Israel be negotiating with? Hamas has a doctrine not to recognise Israel and calls for it’s destruction. Kind of a tough partner to be dealing with, especially Hamas and Hezbollah are supported by Iran.

Every generation of Israelis hope that their kids won’t have to do National Service but it’s pie in the sky as they know that there won’t be a lasting peace any time soon.

Northwind

nim – Member

What doesnt seem to get reported over here i.e. in the UK is the amount of rockets that are fired from Gaza – 760+ since the start of this year and 2500 since 2009. If that were the UK under fire, there’d be uproar.

You remember when the UK was under terror threat… Did we respond by arbitrarily killing civilians in the country where the threat came from?

OK, well, to be fair we did a bit. But not as a matter of policy.

You can talk of the number of rocket attacks, but a casual glance at the civilian casualty figures tells the story better. This year, 118 palestinians, 11 israelis. Last year, 81 palestinians, 8 israelis.

Or, to put a different light on it… The number of palestinian children killed by Israel, was greater than the total number of israelis killed in the same period. Mmm.

But again, this isn’t good guy/bad guy. This is about understanding that there is no good guy here. But only one of the bad guys is a government, representing its people, with international support, despite being frequently in defiance of the UN.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask that a modern government should be better than terrorists.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think if we were doing what israel is to Palestine there would indeed be uproar. If the people we were treating like this were bombing us I would not be surprised and nor would I expect peace if we continued to so this

In terms of Peace, who should Israel be negotiating with? Hamas has a doctrine not to recognise Israel and calls for it’s destruction.

Its a bit more complicated than that* [ though they do dislike israel intensely] and Israels view of the democratically elected hamas is hardly helpful in terms of negotiations. I doubt killing its members in air strikes – would this not be an assassination if we did this. It is hardly helping negotiations or helping them get peace.

Kind of a tough partner to be dealing with, especially Hamas and Hezbollah are supported by Iran.

Every generation of Israelis hope that their kids won’t have to do National Service but it’s pie in the sky as they know that there won’t be a lasting peace any time soon.

Well not if they keep ding this
    I am not saying the attitudes of the Palestinians dont need to change, they do. However Israel has to be the first to do something as they are the starting point for the long walk to peace. In much the same way the UK had to speak to the IRA prior to them giving up arms – i doubt killing gerry adams, invading Ireland, doing an economic blockade and illegally grabbing land would have helped the peace process or we could have them blamed them for bombing us after we did this.

Based on the principles of Islamic fundamentalism gaining momentum throughout the Arab world in the 1980s, Hamas was founded in 1987 (during the First Intifada) as an offshoot of the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood.[15][16] Co-founder Sheik Ahmed Yassin stated in 1987 and the Hamas Charter affirmed in 1988 that Hamas was founded to liberate Palestine from Israeli occupation and to establish an Islamic state in the area that is now Israel, the West Bank, and the Gaza Strip.[17][18] In July 2009, Khaled Meshal, Hamas’s Damascus-based political bureau chief, said the organization was willing to cooperate with “a resolution to the Arab-Israeli conflict which included a Palestinian state based on 1967 borders,” provided that Palestinian refugees hold the right to return to Israel and that East Jerusalem be the new nation’s capital.

Re childrens deaths its 124 to 1452 since 29/09/12
    Total is 1084 – 6430
    98.9% of palestinians were killed in Palestine and only 54.1% % of Israelis in Israel

Its not great from ether side but as nothwind notes the cause cannot be ignored in these ignoble stats

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 261 total)

The topic ‘Another war in Gaza’ is closed to new replies.