Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Another Stupid van thread…pics of bikes in vans please?
  • rhid

Sorry, I am so very sorry…

Anyone with a van of small to medium size (berlingo’s, kangoo’s, Partners etc) could you maybe post up a pic of your vans loaded with bikes and stuff. I just need to see if a full bike can fit in and whether I can sleep in the back (in 5″6)….

After this there will be no more questions. I promise.

scotroutes

I’ve slept in the back of a Fiat Multipla and that’s no longer than a Golf. I’m sure you’ll be fine.

rhid

My GF is about 5″9 (no laughing at the shortass) and while its mostly for me I was hoping that she could fit in too.
    I think I will have to find a suitable van and turn up with bike and GF in tow and see how it all fits. I have seen a few pics on the internet of bikes fitted into Berlingos, but these were the multispace ones.

While I am sure bike would fit in length ways into the van version a few pics of this would help me out a lot. I don’t want or need a transit, just a small van to cart my endless crap about in and help me move house, carry DIY related junk and occasionally when I’m lucky, sleep in it when I am off at a race or whatever.

sazter

I am 5’6″ and have shared my van with someone 5′ 10″ comfortably. LWB connect, can fit bench seat / single bed with 2 bikes or fold bed away and fit 5 bikes, or pull bed out to double and put bikes elsewhere. When just myself I fit the bike sans wheels over the front seats… looking for a photo to show it with bikes but struggling…. see my other thread for photos of the van but none with bikes just now…

sazter

Found a pic, I have since relocated the van tyre to its rightful position under the van and stowed a lot of the other junk so there is now more space, but this is how it is for travelling to a weekend away

colournoise

No pic, but I have a Kangoo van. Can fit 3 bikes in diagonally with both wheels still on and loads of space around them to pack tools and other gear.

5’6″ here too and have been toying with the idea of adding some sort of bed but can’t see the load space of the Kangoo being long enough (mine is an ex British Gas van with a metal bulkhead so you might have an extra few inches to pay with?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Another Stupid van thread…pics of bikes in vans please?’ is closed to new replies.