Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Another Planet X moan
  • russyh
    Free Member

Guys,
    I hate posting these kind of threads, but after some advice really!
    After reading horror stories on here i should of known better, but against my better judgement (ignore the prices….ignore the prices) i ordered some kit from Planet-X, it all arrived well packaged and in a timely fashion. However they sent the wrong size tyre. Easy mistake to make and certainly not the end of the world. I registered on their website that they had picked the wrong item, filled out the form and asked them to send me the correct tyre with a stamped addressed jiffy bag and i would return the item sent in error. I have heard nothing since, this was sunday night (i understand they dont work weekends or 24hrs) I have chased them this morning, i have tried calling them but i just sit on hold for 20 minutes.

Am i expecting too much, in terms of a quick response? Is this post unfair on P/X? I am in a bit of a panic now as i need the tyre for the weekend. But given others feedback am i right to worry? How did others get a quick response to issues? I understand things go wrong, jeez they do with my company. But its how you handle the problems. I have had nothing from P/X, no communication at all. Even if i wanted to i cant seem to speak with anyone.

I dont just want to moan, but would appreciate feedback from others as to how they got quick responses/issue resolved.

Many thanks,

Russ

mrjmt
    Free Member

Easy mistake to make

Yes, for someone who knows nothing about tyres.

Jamie
    Free Member

Easy mistake to make

They should write the size info on the side of tyre. I imagine it would stop this sort of thing in it’s tracks.

iolo
    Free Member

Sunday night and today is Tuesday?
    You’re mr patient aren’t you?
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/euro-bike-part-websites

chip
    Free Member

Customer services must be having an email day, this is where they ignore the phones to concentrate all their efforts on answering emails,I shit you not.

russyh
    Free Member

I know, perhaps its the endless other threads and the fact i have heard nothing and teh fact no one answers the phone. I have zero confidence. I dont want to be a massive moaner. I should of stuck with CRC.

I get that it sounds impatient, but to be honest i think i am more of a Mr. Stupid for thinking it would be a quick fix.

russyh
    Free Member

Chip, i have emailed them. They Haven’t responded to this either.

chip
    Free Member

Well he must have had the day off. 😀

Squiggle (on ones stw good egg) will be along soon to help

kimbers

I returned a jacket last friday as it was too small(via collect plus, just filled out returns form and printed off)
    got an email yesterday saying theyll dispatch one shortly, I imagine it should get here by friday when I need it, id try calling again, im sure theyll be able to sort it

chrisdw
    Free Member

They do take a while to respond! I had some socks missing from my order I placed a while ago. It took almost a week for the email to get to a real person. Tho I did have an automated acknowledgment of email receipt and another one when they forwarded the email to someone else.

From my experience. Almost every order they have sent me has been wrong somehow, but in fairness every one has been corrected without too much of a delay.

I was hoping the new barcoded stock system would sort this, but evidently not.

russyh
    Free Member

I have tried a couple of times kimbers. I will try again after lunch.

traildog
    Free Member

You mean Sunday as the 31st? Today is Tuesday, I would really give the guys a chance.

If you really need the tyre by the weekend then if it was me I’d go out to a shop and purchase a tyre. Returning the Planet X one or keeping it as a spare.

iolo
    Free Member

Why anyone bothers with then I just don’t understand.
    Once they were good, now they are bloody awful.
    OP, Go to your LBS, buy a tyre for the weekend, ask On One for a credit note and order something else.. You might get it for Christmas.
    No S9875657667767 on here any more I notice.

Edit : Doh, As Above, I’m a slow typer

russyh
    Free Member

Barcode system? the tyre was wrapped in sellotape!!! no bar-codes, i just presumed it had been picked in a rush or shelved incorrectly.

Am i wrong in thinking a week for an email response is not acceptable? I would just return the tyre, but i will have to pay for postage (or have i got this wrong?) until i get acknowledgement of the mistake?

wwaswas

The Planet-X squiggle bloke is causing some of these threads now I think.

People perceive that they’ll get a quicker response on here than contacting Planet-X direct.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Just return it by collect+, no need for a stamped addressed envelope or anything like that, just return it in the original package and print out the lable.

https://www.collectplus.co.uk/returns/new/planet-x-bikes

You can ‘post’ it from lots of corner shops.

Never had a problem with P-X customer service, neve rhad to deal with them, if something doesnt fit or was wrong I’d just stick it back in the bag and send it back, refund arrives a few days later. If you’re in that much or a hurry just order another tyre or buy one from an actual shop.

simon1975

Yes, Collect+ return and they’ll refund / replace for you. Much like any other retailer.

shaggy

Collect+ is 72hr delivery and they say to allow 5 days for delivery. If you are in a rush that’s not ideal. I do like being able to drop stuff off, at no cost to me, at, say 11pm.

russyh
    Free Member

To be honest I normally buy things from LBS or CRC, trouble is my LBS is in the middle of town and parking is a nightmare. I was also busy with work so online made sense. I understand people thinking ‘give them a chance’ but no one answers the phones or even responds to an email which is pretty poor given they are an Online (predominately) company. I think I will nip into the LBS over the next few days and buy one, then return the incorrect item when/if they respond.

chip
    Free Member

i just presumed it had been picked in a rush or shelved incorrectly.

Maybe customer services guy does packing Mondays and Tuesdays , and occasionally sends out a few wrong’ens to keep himself busy.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

then return the incorrect item when/if they respond.

Just stick it in the post, what else are you expecting them to say i their reponse other than “here’s a collect+ lable, send it back”. Seem’s you’re in a hurry, but not actualy prepared to post the wong tyre back and get it resolved quickly and would rather have a moan about it?

Jamie
    Free Member

OP.

1. Order a tyre from Merlin or Wiggle. It will be with you by the weekend.

2. Just send the wrong tyre back to PX, and ask for a postage refund if it cost you anything via C+.

Northwind

Obviously I am a PX h8er, but, if you’ve ever done any sort of picking work it’s easy to understand how it goes wrong- it’s incredibly dull and often pretty stressful too so ideal for human error. Warehousing systems are designed to reduce that but the more foolproofness, the more expensive/complex and maybe they have systems designed back when they were a smaller company that are toiling a little? Which is pretty understandable too.

You’d want it to be dealt with faster mind but it’s all still in the domain of “not too bad” imo. The only other thing is that while they’ll probably want you to wait while the original item is returned, you’re not obliged to- you can just return it, ask for a refund and buy the product elsewhere instead of waiting.

russyh
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member
    then return the incorrect item when/if they respond.
    Just stick it in the post, what else are you expecting them to say i their reponse other than “here’s a collect+ lable, send it back”. Seem’s you’re in a hurry, but not actualy prepared to post the wong tyre back and get it resolved quickly and would rather have a moan about it?

I don’t want to return it until I have acknowledgement that they are at fault, otherwise i will have the collect+ postage fee deducted from my credit (see below from their returns policy) i dont want to moan about anything, i was asking for advice as to how to quickly get a response. Judging by the amount of moaning threads on here i presumed there would be some experience of how to get some kind of response…Perhaps an email address that someone actually looks at. When i ordered the tyre (and other bits) on the 26th I thought I had left enough time being as i didn’t need to use it until the 7th…

So smart arse, i was just hoping for confirmation that yes they have dropped the ball please collect + it and we will stomach the cost. oh and the correct tyre will be with you in 3 days. Is that asking to much or are you used to such disappointment in life that you are numb to it?

You will be provided with a receipt as your proof of return, and a tracking number to enable you to track the progress of your return. The receipt is proof of postage, so keep it safe. If using Collect+ Refund, there will be £3.50 deducted from your refund to cover the postage costs incurred unless we are at fault for the return (e.g. if the product is damaged or not as described).

russyh
    Free Member

Northwind, i actually have done some warehouse picking work in a book warehouse of all places (back in my youth). Like i said, i don’t have a problem with orders being miss-picked. These things happen its hardly the end of the world, my kids will still eat, i will still sleep so its not all that bad. 😀

But its how problems are dealt with that where i have an issue. CRC, Wiggle, Merlin, Discount-bikes.de have over the years all been flawless. They are not mistake free. However the respond quickly.

I don’t think I am being Unreasonable am I. Happy to accept I am a little impatient, I just want some kind of response.

jamesy01
    Free Member

Does your initial order confirmation not describe the correct size tyre that you wanted / ordered?
    If yes, that’s your proof so post away!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Is that asking to much or are you used to such disappointment in life that you are numb to it?

No, just pragmatic rather than a moaning winger. I’d respond in kind to your post and be more insulting, insinuating that you really need to get out more and suffer some actual dissapointments if getting the wrong tyre size even registers on your scale of disspaointing life events, but I’m not that nasty.

Back to my usual pragmatic self; if it’s as cut and dried as they sent out something that you didn’t order, then what are you expecting them to argue about? On a related note, they’ve never deducted the postage costs from anything I’ve returned even if it’s been returned as it didn’t fit.

chip
    Free Member

Post away , I don’t think they will send You a replacement until they receive the original .
    Unless you order another and then send the first back for a refund. Which means you will be out of pocket to the tune of two tyres until you refund arrives and you could possibly receive another wrong tyre.

You pay your money and make your choices , I will personally pay more to buy from a reputable retailer I know provide a good service.

Jamie
    Free Member

I dont just want to moan

I’m having my doubts.

deadkenny
    Free Member

There are the odd mistake but for the prices they’ve been fine for me. They did send me the wrong frame. Emailed, they said sorry and sent a new frame out for next day delivery. Frame arrived fine, well packaged. Had to chase them to return the wrong frame. I could have just kept it. They seemed in no rush to get it back.

Ordered other bits, all arrived correct and prompt.

russyh
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member
    Is that asking to much or are you used to such disappointment in life that you are numb to it?
    No, just pragmatic rather than a moaning winger. I’d respond in kind to your post and be more insulting, insinuating that you really need to get out more and suffer some actual dissapointments if getting the wrong tyre size even registers on your scale of disspaointing life events, but I’m not that nasty.

Back to my usual pragmatic self; if it’s as cut and dried as they sent out something that you didn’t order, then what are you expecting them to argue about? On a related note, they’ve never deducted the postage costs from anything I’ve returned even if it’s been returned as it didn’t fit.

I would say that someone trolling for arguments is necessarily a ‘Pragmatic person’ Neither would i suggest that suggesting something as insignificant as an order cock up is a major life disappointment is particularly pragmatic.

If you read through my posts again, I am not expecting an argument with them over anything. Its a ‘Cut n Dry’ cock up. Like I have said 3 times, i get that these things happen. However given the track record and the fact they clearly state (regardless is you have or have not been charged it) that returns for credit will be charged £3.50 postage. Now given that they can’t pick up the phones, or reply to an email. I think its reasonable for me to want something in writing prior to returning the incorrect item.

Really if you have nothing constructive to say then the pragmatic man in you would probably think…I’ll move on to the next thread.

russyh
    Free Member

Guys i’m not trying just to moan. Albeit i am allowing myself to be led down that path. I was genuinely only after some advice as to how to get a quick answer. I wont post in the thread again, as its clear some people want to troll. its fine, its a tyre…I wont lose any sleep over it. I will pop into my local shop and pick one up over the next few days. Will send the tyre back when the eventually bother to read their emails. Lesson learned for me, I hope planet X sort themselves out, they have a great range of products and bikes. I guess they are so successful their infrastructure cant cope.

dragon
    Free Member

Just send the damn thing back ans stop fannying around. I doubt you’ll loose the £3.50, but if you do then think of it as a lesson in buying from utterly incompetent company and not to ever repeat the same mistake again.

user-removed
    Free Member

Try dealing with email robots from Planet Dealextreme for five months, then come back here and complain about customer service. Gah!

Jamie
    Free Member

I was genuinely only after some advice as to how to get a quick answer.

You got the best advice, send back and order elsewhere, but you rejected it.

iolo
    Free Member

Let’s vote
    A) send it back now
    B) wait until customer services tell him
    C) nobody gives a shit as the OP seems very negative about the others here.

rickmeister

Well for balance here, all my dealings with O-O PX have been good.

Replaced cracked floaters no problem. Ordered an extra tyre which arrived, but wrong size. Quick email, received a good response. Filled out the form, boxed it up and sent it back.

Correct size arrived back in the post in 10 days. And thats to Germany.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Another Planet X moan’ is closed to new replies.