Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Another Oakley prescription question (sorry!)
  • MrGreedy

I know there have been a few threads about these recently, but there are a couple of things I'm still unclear on. I'm pretty set on the Flak Jacket but dithering over lenses – I know the non-prescription lenses can be swapped (as per this video), but can't find anything that says explicitly if this is possible with prescription lenses. Can anyone confirm/deny/baselessly speculate?

I had been tending towards Transitions, but if it's possible to swap lenses I'd probably pay extra to have two sets and avoid the whole "jack of all trades equals master of none" thing.

druidh
    Free Member

I have the Half Jackets and "yes you can".

Like you, I was undecided about the one set/two sets issue, but I opted for the Transitions and they are just perfect – i.e. I use them for night riding too.

MrGreedy

Well thanks for answering the question, but that hasn't made deciding any easier now! 🙄

oddjob
    Free Member

I have the transitions and I think they are fid for everything except night riding. Given the oakly range, I used to have a VR28 which did 80% of the time and a clear one for dark winter and night time and a black iridium for really bright days.

I may get some clear lenses in the future, but I think the transitions cover all the opther bases pretty well.

MrGreedy

OK thanks folks, you've convinced me – my wallet is now considerably lighter and I have some Flak Jacket XLJs with transitions lenses on the way 8)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Another Oakley prescription question (sorry!)’ is closed to new replies.