Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Another nail in McQuaid's coffin?
  • ditch_jockey
    Free Member

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/swiss-cycling-officially-withdraws-mcquaid-nomination

My favourite snippet is …

Speaking to Cyclingnews on Tuesday, McQuaid had dismissed rumours of the withdrawal of Swiss Cycling’s support as “compete bullshit” and insisted: “I know there’s a hearing on Thursday. I’ve had communication from the Swiss federation and it’s going ahead.”

Dedicated to you Pat:
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0UZWywmavk[/video]

hora
    Free Member

Maybe he should donate $125,000 to them?

Junkyard
    Free Member

He is certainly not part of the solution

mrblobby
    Free Member

Nice to see him making a dignified exit!

wrecker
    Free Member

McQuaid is now reliant on the backing of the federations of Morocco and Thailand

Ah, those powerhouses of international cycling 😆

warton
    Free Member

it’s hardly dignified. I only hope he’s hanging on because he has severe money problems, so when he’s finally ousted he ends up homeless, and destitute.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Or that once he’s ousted the truth will all come out… though I shall not hold my breath.

thomthumb
    Free Member
    rusty90
    Free Member

Ah, those powerhouses of international cycling

But Morocco must be a top cycling nation. Otherwise how could you explain their rider allocation for the WC RR being the same as Germany (6 start from 9) and higher than Canada, Kazakhstan, Norway, Sweden and Russia (3 start from 5)? There surely can’t be any other reason can there?

hora
    Free Member

Really?! That could be a bit of an embarrasement if he does go and it comes out..

wrecker
    Free Member

There surely can’t be any other reason can there?

Of course not, you old cynic 😉

brakes
    Free Member

who will be playing McQuaid in the Armstrong movie trilogy franchise epic retirement fundathon extravaganza?

warton
    Free Member

Brad Pitt.

Ben Affleck to play Lance.

Alan Rickman to play Kimmage

Tom-B
    Free Member

Aren’t WC Road Race places allocated in a very daft points manner that means riders riding at a low level score points in lesser races whereas riders that ride in the WT can only score points in the WT events that they ride?

rusty90
    Free Member

Aren’t WC Road Race places allocated in a very daft points manner

Yes. Morocco, Algeria and Eritrea qualified due to points gained racing in the UCI Africa Tour, which was 16 races, 10 of them held in Morocco. Except for South Africa, who were second in the points in the Africa Tour but had to qualify on WT points and ended being allocated with 2 starting from 3. Perfectly simple.

MSP

It’s similar in the Olympics, lower ranked nations can meet a lower standard for qualification. It is seen as encouraging participation. The Olympic system actually seems to work quite well, the UCI one sounds rather skewed.

Kryton57

warton – Member
    Brad Pitt.

Ben Affleck to play Lance.

Alan Rickman to play Kimmage

Arnie to play Ulrich, Bruce Willis as The Pirate?

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Apparently they’ve cast Mike Meyers as Bradley Wiggins

unovolo
    Free Member

Who’s going to play Didi the devil?

I will nominate Ray Winstone.

hora
    Free Member

Who will play people like me? We who believed a serious cancer survivor when he said ‘do you think I would put chemicals into my body after the nasty chemo that I had’?

Who was actually doing everything chemically just to win a stupid **** bicycle race.

Knobber

Junkyard
    Free Member

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Another nail in McQuaid's coffin?’ is closed to new replies.