Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Another fork service question – PACE this time :o)
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Ok, I've got the chance of some Pace forks (RC40 Fighters I think, 150mm jobbies anyway, I'll check) but they need some _serious_ TLC, possibly seals and stuff.

I know precisely diddly-squat about Pace forks, but I'm fine with RS and last week I did some Maguras with help from here.

Anybody had some apart? And tips, manuals, or guides about?
    It's not worth me paying Pace to do it, If I can't DIY then I won't bother….

Ta muchly! 😀

uplink
    Free Member

Some manuals & parts lists etc. here
    http://www.pacecycles.com/manuals.asp

I've not done much on mine other than change the oil so I probably have little experience on them but they do look reasonably easy to work on.

tandemwarriors

I service my own RC40's and they're pretty straight forward, and the pace manual is very good. If you need parts talk to Tim @ Fork English 01751 476815. He's the most helpful bloke in the world and knows the forks, their manufacturing history, and potential issues in intimate detail, can't recommend him highly enough.

Rob

andyeez
    Free Member

I serviced mine using the PACE manuals and replaced the seals at the same time. It was very difficult to get the new seals in and I almost damaged them trying to force them in the last few mm. I left them almost fully in and on a very slight angle but they have performed flawlessly since. Good Luck!

clubber
    Free Member

I've got RC40s (130mm ones) – they're pretty easy to get apart (you'll need a set of circlip pliers) and pretty self explanatory and all the details are on Pace's site.

The only real thing to pass on from experience is that when you're taking apart the damping cartridge from the RH leg, be really careful not to lose the four loose ball bearings and springs from under the LC knob – fridge suck classics (well actually garage floor issues for me…)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Another fork service question – PACE this time :o)’ is closed to new replies.